Sales Compensation Analyst
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
As a Sales Compensation Analyst, you assist with the design, planning and implementation of effective global incentive compensation plans and policies. You will model compensation plan design against future metrics for cost estimations and financial accruals. Must be able to work within a cross-functional team environment and at all levels within the organization. You must be flexible, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with strong analytical and financial modeling skills. You will partner closely with our internal Sales Compensation team, along with global Sales leadership, Finance, HR, and Sales Operations.
- Model compensation plan design against future metrics for cost estimations and financial accruals and create graphs and other metrics for the creation of monthly and quarterly Sales Compensation Committee presentations
- Assist with the development of annual incentive compensation designs, partnering with Sales, Sales Operations, and Finance team members.
- Assist with the design of compensation plans by providing feedback and insight on functionality and ways to streamline current plans
- Act as a subject matter expert for the Varicent and Salesforce systems; assist with the creation of sales plans and dashboards in Varicent; run reports and prepare detailed analysis to support recommendations and findings on current and future sales incentive compensation plan effectiveness.
- Conduct research on incentive compensation plans and incorporate leading strategies and components into designs.
- Audit monthly, quarterly and annual processes to ensure data accuracy
- Create standard and ad-hoc reports to assist Sales and Finance leaders
- Communicate and educate HR, finance, management and employees on compensation programs.
- Understand success metrics and be able to report, track, and identify substantive takeaways.
- Assess the success of current incentives, proposing new incentive designs; you will leverage analytics to drive clarity of design choices and demonstrate sales plan performance
- Strong background in Saas Commercial Organization support varying from Customer Success to Professional Services and Sales.
- Experience creating and providing significant analysis and predictive analytics for the sales compensation or finance function
- Excellent business acumen, strategic planning, analytical, communication, project management, and change management skills.
- Sound business judgment and ability to make appropriate recommendations to senior executives regarding the quality and integrity of Incentive Compensation Plan design and execution, and any related issues.
Your Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree; relevant graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of solid experience in Sales Compensation analysis and design
- Previous experience with Varicent and Salesforce strongly preferred
- Prior experience working in cross-functional teams
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.