Sr. Talent Development Partner
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in the US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Your Mission: The Senior Talent Development Partner will be responsible for implementing a future focused talent strategy to drive individual and team performance, deliver greater business growth and alignment with Medidata’s mission and values.
The individual will be accountable for designing and implementing programs for talent assessment, succession planning and performance management. This individual will partner with the Learning & Leadership Partner to align development needs to programs, resources and assignments. The individual will collaborate and influence our People Team and senior leaders across the organization.
- Project manage all key strategic priorities for Global Talent Development programs, partnering with Global Diversity and Leadership Development.
- Create and drive a future focused strategy and implementation for talent processes and performance management across the enterprise (across lines of business, functions, and regions)
- Partner with Global Learning & Leadership to develop strategy for executive leadership and enterprise level competencies at Medidata.
- Work directly with the HR leadership team and senior business executives to develop data-driven mechanisms that help grow, evaluate, retain, and rotate key talent.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of an automated people tool that effectively calibrates candidate readiness and scope of leadership roles across the organization.
- Proactively measure the return on investment business leaders achieve from the implementation of talent processes and programs; identify new ways of operationalizing talent programs if they do not provide the right level of expected returns.
- Partner closely with our Total Rewards, Business Partners, Diversity and Belonging, Learning & Leadership and Recruiting partner teams to identify opportunities for integration points and address specific talent needs leveraging talent data and themes.
- Evaluate talent programs, tools and resources used across the organization—evaluate the impact, scalability, and quality. What is missing? Do our talent solutions scale as we continue to grow?
- Develop meeting schedules, detailed project plans and timelines for annual talent processes, including talent assessment and succession planning
- Partner with HR and senior leaders to develop capability matrixes, aligning to learning and development content and solutions.
- Align all talent and performance processes to company wide process during Integration phase.
- 10+ years of Learning & Development Experience across technical, product and core professional skill areas
- Demonstrated thought leadership and business driven outcomes within the talent management space
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high pressure, often ambiguous change and autonomous working environment
- Strategic thought leadership, always aligning work back to the business goals and priorities
- Results driven, looking to test, learn and improve measurable contribution to the business
- Ability to influence all levels of management, includes HR colleagues.
- Able to uncover issues & root causes and apply business focused solutions.
- Effective implementation of change management principles.
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- Skilled at building credibility and effective relationships and is a strong collaborator
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Life Sciences industry experience is a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
US: Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.