Manager, Release Engineering
Medidata (www.mdsol.com) is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence, our Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes throughout the life-cycle of a clinical trial.
To understand more on our mission and what inspires us, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLXoYeDi2rE
Our London Engineering Team
You will be part of a c.120 strong SaaS Technology production environment. In London we own the engineering for an enterprise scale software platform that supports thousands of clinical trials every day.
Leading a small, but growing group here in the UK, but as part of a global Release Engineering & Platform organisation, you and your team will evaluate, develop, implement and operate core Release Engineering tools and processes for continuous build & deploy, automated testing and release management.
- Manage a team that develop application packaging, leveraging version control systems for products and infrastructure, deployment pipelines, test stages and dependency management
- Manage team that develop and maintain libraries of deployment automation used in all stages of software development, testing and production operations
- Own specific deployment problems and provide Solutions that improve the overall efficiency and quality of platform deployments
- Manage and assist team to develop software into deployable, supportable services by integrating with established deployment tools, standard infrastructure and monitoring / alerting systemsÂ
- Responsible for delivering assigned software projects to full production operation, adhering to established procedures for development, testing and release activities
- Manage and assist team responsible for the effective hand-off of delivered software to operations staff, including training, documentation and runbooks as appropriate
- Manage and assist team responsible for proactively identifying, debugging, resolving and communicating to various stakeholders technical and procedural issues in the release process
- Must demonstrate a willingness and desire to drive innovative Release Engineering solutions in a dynamic, growing Life Sciences SaaS business
- Must demonstrate command of Continuous Integration techniques and concepts; experience with DevOps practices is preferred
- Proven experience of automating deployment and operations tasks using a variety of languages, frameworks and techniques
- Experience with a combination of Ruby, Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, Web Deploy, Docker or PowerShell highly desirable
- Experience with Jenkins, Hudson, CruiseControl or Go also preferred
- Must demonstrate command of version control techniques and concepts. Experience with Git or GitHub preferred
- Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) integration and concepts.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is required; additionally VMware exposure will also be helpful
- Must demonstrate understanding of and exposure to modern development practices including Agile and Test Driven Development
- Must demonstrate broad understanding of application architectures and computing environments
- Ability to work and effectively communicate in a dynamic team setting with broad cross-functional dependencies
- Ability to effectively estimate and manage personal workload, balancing project work and day to day support
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field required; or equivalent experience
Just over a year ago we moved into purpose built offices high above the skyline of Hammersmith, just 60 seconds walk from the tube. You will enjoy modern workspaces and a culture that is mission driven, collaborative and fun!
- Base salary - to be honest there's a range here, if we’re a good match for you and vice versa, we’ll try and make it work!
- 15% bonus
- Other benefits include a great pension, free private health and dental care for you + family, 25 days holiday + many other enterprise grade perks
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.