Infrastructure Patching Engineer
Medidata: a great place to work; a great place to stay
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
This role will be primarily responsible for the installation, configuration, testing, technical support and process enforcement in the day-to-day operations of IT infrastructure systems with regard to patch management process.
- Govern the adherence to IT Security Policies regarding patch management throughout the enterprise
- Actively engages in work streams related but not limited to Infrastructure security testing, infrastructure vulnerability scanning, reviewing and prioritizing results, reporting and remediation and/or coordinating the remediation of assessment results
- Run and manage Zero day and other exploit patch management bridges with relevant teams from vendors, InfoRisk and other domains and provide consolidated updates and reports to management and stakeholders
- Management of patching solution for all Infrastructure (Windows and Linux patching) respectively; collection maintenance, reporting services, applying best practices and delivering enterprise patch management as well as application delivery
- Planning software pushes using approved enterprise patch management software
- Reporting and fix failed patches weekly/monthly. Provide status of software pushes
- Developing checklists, guides, best practices and procedures to support patch management process
- Stay informed regarding advances in patch management technologies, configuration and administration
- Own and drive the timely delivery of audit deliverables assigned
- Be a part of the off-hour rotation schedule and support team's Incident Management needs by understanding and enforcing the Major Incident Management process
- Strong skillset with Ivanti (or similar) tool for patch management and package distribution across on-premises and cloud hosted assets
- Strong understanding of Linux (RHEL/AIX) Operating systems for workstations and servers with good understanding of Wintel OS
- Knowledge of Shell scripting (any one of bash, csh, ksh, WMI, PowerShell) or a high-level programming language (Perl, C++, VB/Java scripting) is a big plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Your Education & Experience:
- 5-7 years of solid, diverse work experience in IT Infrastructure service management including experience in Technology Operations /patch management/vulnerability management/ Infrastructure supporting technology towers like Server OS (Linux and Wintel), Storage, Backup, Virtualization (VMware) etc
- At least 5-7 years relevant work experience in a comparable, IT support related role in the financial industry
- Vendor oversight experience in the management of onshore, near shore and offshore teams is required
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification is a plus
- Industry Certification in relevant area is a plus
- Strong customer focus and follow-up skills are necessary
- Must be well-organized, with superior relationship-building and IT vendor management skills
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to understand business issues and translate them to IT Operational priorities
- The ability to stay up to date on trends and developments within the functional area of expertise and the industry
- Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, analytical thoroughness, and the ability to work well with other team members
- Willingness to work on call and be available during off business hours and weekends to support critical Operational issues
- Willingness to learn, a can-do attitude and motivated to succeed and grow
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.