Pre-Sales Solution Consultant - Partners
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Medidata Solution Consultants (presales engineers) partner with Sales Account Managers in opportunity strategy, discovery conversations, presentation, demonstration and sale of Medidata applications and services. The Solution Consultant is the application and technical lead for all sales activities and supports the sales team with overall account strategies. The Solution Consultant is the lead technical presenter in customer facing events.
- Lead customer needs analysis discussions
- Guide the preparation of standard or custom demonstration environments
- Develop a deep understanding of customer technical infrastructure
- Become a “trusted advisor” to clients focused on outcomes based benefits of technology adoption
- Lead workshops and proof of concept pilots and evaluations of technology
- Serve as technical expert in Medidata solutions and how they fit into client environment
- Participate in product demonstrations and/or booth support activities at trade show events
- Participate in account planning and strategy for successful adoption of products and solutions
- Lead application and/or technical product demonstrations
- Conduct web-based product seminars
- Assist with preparation of professional services estimates for inclusion in formal customer proposals
- Assist with completion of application and/or technical RFI/RFP responses
- Support effective transition of new accounts to Professional Services team
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Exposure to clinical data management applications and/or concepts
- Minimum of three years of previous technical sales consulting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Exposure to formal sales methodologies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations or equivalent experience in other enterprise systems preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.