Technical Business Analyst
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Medidata is the leader in developing the technologies that allow our customers to get the medicines to patients faster. Building on our long history of delivering world-class clinical applications to the life sciences industry, Medidata’s Product Organization is staffed with a passionate team of product management experts, tackling the industry’s most difficult technical challenges in order to push the boundaries of possibility for our clients and most importantly, for patients. Together we can deliver meaningful advanced digital transformation to the industry in order to achieve our vision.
Medidata is looking for an experienced Sr. Business Analyst, Product Management to foster the growth of platform services in Medidata's cloud based enterprise data platform and collaborate with the product leaders, architects, engineers, and testers throughout Medidata's portfolio to ensure those services are meeting their needs.
- Be recognized as the subject matter expert for the service
- Understand business challenges and requirements
- Understand end to end business use cases
- Create epics and user stories and lead story mapping to develop functionality
- Ensure developed functionality meets functional and quality requirements
- Ensure solutions can be supported and easily maintained
- Coordinate and negotiate delivery with other product owners for cross team delivery of features
- Partner with project management, engineering and testing to define project delivery timelines
- Support release processes
- Prioritize backlog for new feature and enhancement development
- Triage and prioritize and bug fixes in backlog
- Understanding of transactional systems
- Understanding of system and data integration modalities
- Understanding of and ability to access relational databases
- Understanding of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Understanding of web-based architecture
- Experience with application and system development
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience in agile development and using development tools
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence in a matrixed environment
- Escalate issues to management as appropriate
- Ability to communicate complex technological concepts to business users
- Ability to translate and communicate business needs into technical requirements
- Able to define incremental development paths for functionality to achieve future vision
Your Education & Experience:
- 7+ years professional experience
- 4+ years experience as a Business Analyst
- Bachelor's degree required
- Hands-on experience in technology usage, such as programming, preferred
- Life Sciences experience a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 17,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities