Director Level - Technical Team Lead (R programming) for Data Science (open to remote workers)
Medidata is the leader in developing the technologies that allow our customers to get the medicines to patients faster. Building on our long history of delivering world-class clinical applications to the life sciences industry, Medidata’s Data Fabric organization is staffed with a passionate team of technology and scientific experts, tackling the industry’s most difficult technical challenges in order to push the boundaries of possibility for our clients and most importantly, for patients. Together we can deliver meaningful advanced digital transformation to the industry in order to achieve our vision.
- Solve some of the most complex problems in healthcare, translating complex data into meaningful insights
- Design, develop and validate statistical models for novel medical applications. Areas of team focus include Clinical Trial analytics and central monitoring
- Provide support functions around model-building, including data cleaning and code review
- Ability to understand and peer review complex, multivariable statistical models and data analytics solutions using machine learning algorithms
- Ability to work independently on complex and diverse issues and propose solutions
- Bring to production developed methods and code for integration with existing/new products
- Collaborate with product teams on product roadmaps and be accountable for development timelines and milestones
- Work directly with our team comprised of the brightest minds in technology, research and life sciences
- Ability to translate business challenges into data pipelines & model framework, owning and driving successful projects
- Management experience of a team of data scientists and software engineers and ability to create vision and shape strategy for data sciences
- Strong verbal and written communication; collaborative focus
- Fluency in statistical tools and programming languages that allow you to be self-sufficient in handling data (R, Python, SQL)
- Ability to apply Machine Learning techniques (classification, regressions, feature selection etc.)
Your Education & Experience:
- Ph.D. in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Bioinformatics or another quantitative field with a strong foundation in statistical methodology or B.S/M.S with significant healthcare related field experience
- 4+ years of experience with statistical analysis in a healthcare related field
- Experience with large healthcare datasets, Machine Learning techniques (classification, regressions, feature selection etc.)
- Experience using Git version control
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.