Manager, Application Support / Technical Support (Tier 2)
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Technical Support team consists of technical experts who interact with clients and many Internal groups on a daily basis. The Technical Support team provides product/application support to both internal and external customers, who use or support the Medidata Platform. The Technical Support team receives issues that the Helpdesk team could not resolve. The Technical Support team regularly reaches out to customers to obtain any additional information needed and resolves escalated issues. When resolution cannot be reached the Technical Support team properly packages the correct information and manages its triage throughout the different functional areas of Medidata. The Customer Success group ensures the Tier 4 organizations have the appropriate information necessary to troubleshoot and facilitates communication between the functional areas as needed.
The Manager of Technical Support is responsible for overseeing all customer service aspects of support for Medidata Customers. The Manager must oversee and assist with all aspects of client relations tasks, including, but not limited to, Data Submissions, Client Support, End-user Training. The Technical Support Manager is responsible for ensuring the team is following processes, tickets are properly completed, and customer satisfaction levels are improved. The Technical Support Manager should be familiar with the Medidata Platform and be able to provide guidance to the Technical Support team on issue handling and next steps.
- Act as subject matter expert for troubleshooting products offered by Medidata
- Be able to learn new products and technologies and train the Technical Support Specialist team.
- Regularly measure team using KPI to determine process, knowledge, and experience gaps among individuals and create actions plans to remediate
- Leverage ticket reports, dashboards, and manual review to ensure issue handling processes are being adhered to as well as determine methods to improve overall issue handling quality
- Inform and instruct Technical Support staff on new products, features and best practices
- Conduct weekly and quarterly team meetings for information exchange and process improvement
- Create, implement, improve, enforce, and maintain Technical Support processes, best practices, and knowledge base
- Serve as advisor to clients and internal stakeholders for all support related initiatives
- Work with various departments to meet service goals and achieve service level agreements (SLAs).
- Provide users with product support on technical, operational, and user/account-related issues, on the phone, via e-mail and/or in person
- Identify and resolve training needs
- Responsible for staffing and managing Technical Support employees
- Review client surveys to determine service satisfaction and areas of improvement
- Mentor employees on effective client communications with the goal of preventing unnecessary issue escalation
- Assist in the maintenance and updates to all Technical Support SOP’s, WI, and job aids.
- Identify product issues and recommend solutions to clients as a means to avoid risk including regulatory non-compliance
- Maintain product, platform, and industry knowledge as a means to create strategic solutions and recognize new business opportunities
- Coordinate support resources for escalated issues, working in partnership with Helpdesk, Customer Care Team, Professional Services, and/or Product Development
- Proven ability to translate product technical and usage issues to business users
- Experience troubleshooting complex applications both from a UI/UX and database/code base perspective
- Demonstrated Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with call center phone system functionality
- Experience with application, system, and database monitoring methodologies, backup software, Internet technologies, and system security
- Experience leading a team of at least 5 people
- Travel availability up to 10% of the year
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Experience with troubleshooting or implementing the Medidata Clinical Cloud a strong plus
- Familiarity with any Issue Tracking software (Zendesk) a strong plus
- Technology and PC skills including full MS Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint), Google Suite, help desk/issue resolution systems, CRM)
- Command of Japanese (fluent) a plus
Your Education & Experience:
- College degree (Bachelors of Science, Business, Management or equivalent)
- Customer Success, Implementation Consultant, Application Support, and/or Technical Support (preferred pharmaceutical industry, clinical trials, regulatory, or medical field experience.)
- 0-2 years management experience
- Demonstrable Medidata product proficiency
- 3-5+ years support of a Microsoft environment
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in customer facing environment supporting software or SaaS applications/technology/service offerings
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.