Manager, Certification and Education Programs
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Medidata is seeking an experienced leader to become our Certification Program Manager. The Certification Program Manager will be responsible for strategic planning, requirements gathering, tactical roadmap development and execution to support global certification tracks for Medidata product portfolio. You will partner with learning functions company-wide such as the design and delivery teams of product training, accreditation teams and cross functional teams to provide solutions that will optimize the certification learning experience and deliver value towards business goals.
About Medidata Global Education:
Medidata Global Education is the functional group within Customer Solutions that develops Medidata product enablement and clinical industry training for customers, partners, and colleagues.
- New York, NY or Iselin, NJ (Metro Park)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Global Education leadership role, designing and scaling technical certification and education program strategy, operations, and learning systems management
- Minimum 3 years managing a small global education staff (3-5) in the development of certification and education programs; certification program administration, analysis, and operations; and/or learning systems management
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Learning Solutions Design, or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to provide strategic direction with capacity to focus both on a big picture and on tactical execution
- Ability to articulate and grow the value proposition of training and certification while working with stakeholders, colleagues, and senior leaders in core services or cross-functional team environments
- Experience formulating and implementing strategies for best-in-class training and certification programs, operations, and learning systems management
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, critical thinker, accountable, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately
- Ability to work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced software development environment
- Proficiency in global education technologies, including Gauge (certification), Thought Industries (LMS), Google Workspace, Articulate Storyline 360, Camtasia, Confluence, JIRA, Pendo, and Gainsight
- Agile Project Management certification (Certified Scrum Master) or equivalent agile project management experience
- Lean Six Sigma training or certification is a plus
- Ability to travel between Medidata’s two east coast offices as needed
- Pre-pandemic, additional travel approximately 10% (no travel at this time)
- Experience and understanding of the clinical research, site and CRO landscape is a big plus
- Lead the development of Medidata’s Certification and Education Programs operation and directly manage the supporting team
- Design, implement and lead the execution of certification and education program needs analysis, administration, operations, and integration with education curriculum and training content development
- Partner effectively across the functions and build a collaborative, integrated, process-oriented culture for Medidata certification and education programs
- Establish efficient workflows and continuously improve processes related to the planning, development and delivery of Medidata certification and program tracks, operations, and learning systems management
- Develop and implement certification and education program content standardization, development process, and best practices to establish best-in-class brand standards and operational excellence
- Organize, plan work, set priorities and execute action plans for certification and education program tracks, certification operations, and learning systems management
- Keep pace with growth of platform, and ensure program, certification tracks, certification operations, and learning systems operations are maintained and aligned with product and training roadmaps
- Monitor and report on overall metrics for certification track completions and effectiveness, education program completions and impact, certifications operation process effectiveness and impact, and learning system throughput and effectiveness
- Lead the evaluation and implementation of certification and education program processes and provide recommendations for optimizing certification and education program effectiveness
- Create, communicate and train internal teams on certification administration, analysis, and operations – and education program and learning systems operations best practices
- Stay current on industry certification, education program, operations and learning systems management operations trends, best practices, and innovations
- Actively manage and refine certification and education program strategy to improve efficiency, quality, and effectiveness at enabling customers to build proficiencies for real-life workflows
- Learn and maintain the Medidata product knowledge required to develop impactful education and training materials used by Medidata customers, partners, and employees
- For your team, manage leadership development, succession planning, career management, interpersonal skills, and communication training. Select, develop, evaluate, and enable staff outcomes to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Serve as a trusted advisor to manager and division unit/sub-units; contribute, as required, to meet targets, innovate, and resolve issues
- Manage the on-time and quality correct delivery of your team’s scope of deliverables
- Manage the documentation of processes, workflows, and best practices in accordance with company standards
- Fulfill assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff according to established policies and management directives. Administer company policies that directly affect subordinate employees.
- Proactively monitor operational processes and identify/assess issues using associated data to quickly develop and execute solutions
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action and avoid erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results that can diminish the quality of deliverables or cause delays in targeted delivery
- Establish strong partnerships and interactions with management, functional peer leads, subordinate supervisors, company SMEs, and other stakeholders. Gain the cooperation of others as needed
- Develop and conduct workstreams, working teams, and work groups to enable the successful delivery of targeted outcomes
- Develop and execute real-time status reporting and presentations, including technical information, regarding scope of work, specific projects, or schedules.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Medidata Solutions Korea Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.
Medidata Solutions International Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.