Manager, Problem Management
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Medidata is the leader in developing the technologies that allow our customers to get the medicines to patients faster. Building on our long history of delivering world-class clinical applications to the life sciences industry, Medidata’s Product Organization is staffed with a passionate team of product management experts, tackling the industry’s most difficult technical challenges in order to push the boundaries of possibility for our clients and most importantly, for patients. Together we can deliver meaningful advanced digital transformation to the industry in order to achieve our vision.
- Coordinate, standardize, and lead all problem management activities ensuring root cause and prevention is identified
- Proactively detect and prevent future problems/incidents and initiate the Problem Management process to allow quicker diagnosis and resolution.
- Prepare statistics, KPI and trend reports for use in the problem management process. Identify problems through the review and focus on optimizing processes
- Share recommendations with reps from R&D and operations teams and help drive adoption of improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to refine operating processes and procedures to deliver and restore service more efficiently
- Coordinate, convene and facilitate major incident and problem review meetings
- Ensure the problems progress through the Problem Management process in a timely and prioritized fashion
- Create and deliver content regarding service disruptions to stakeholders
- Ensure that the problem management information reflects accurate errors and is complete
- Develop trend analysis and prepare service improvement plans to address identified gaps
- Ensure recurring incident resolution is addressed with urgency
- Manage and maintain information stored in a problem management database
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Proven track record of working collaboratively to improve the customer’s experience
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, and architects
- Able to manage relationships with peers and managers as it relates to support and services
- Ability to navigate complexity and create collaborative, cross-functional solutions
- Strong communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Able to translate complex issues in an understandable, organized way
- Team oriented
- Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of organizational skills
Your Education & Experience:
- The minimum education level required Bachelor’s, Computer Science
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in providing complex SaaS Customer Support, management, and/or supervision
- ITIL Certified or 3 years working experience as a Problem Manager
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.