Lead BI Engineer (Tableau & SAP BO (Business Objects))
It’s an exciting phase for our center of excellence team at Medidata. We are looking for a highly motivated BI expert. Join us to help steer BI practice by bringing in expertise in designing and developing roadmap for BI reports and dashboards and influence enterprise data warehouse architecture for robust and scalable ad hoc reporting using industry best practices and frameworks.
- Define and implement business intelligence and data analytics roadmap aligned with business objectives.
- Design, implement, and maintain BI solutions, including data acquisition, transformation, storage, reporting, and analytics.
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of BI solutions ensuring quality through testing, monitoring, and support.
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify important business data analytics, determine where information is stored, and develop methods to retrieve and report on data using business intelligence applications.
- Define business intelligence project requirements by establishing project milestones, phases, and elements. Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions.
- Hands on experience to perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing customer requests
- Lead the work of other report developers by providing best practices, support, and guidance to new projects and ongoing maintenance.
- Provide ongoing support to users by continuously improving and refining business intelligence operations based on end user feedback.
On need basis Job Responsibilities:
- Mentor junior level team members
- Influence enterprise data architecture for optimal standard and ad hoc reporting
- Participate in new software or solution evaluations by providing technical and business need knowledge and integration input.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 8-10 years combined experience working with business intelligence applications in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience with business intelligence, analytics and data warehouse technologies with any of the following tools - SAP Business Objects, Tableau and cloud data warehouse platforms.
- Passion to solve complex problems and provide simple elegant reliable solutions.
- Embrace the DevOps deployment mindset, preferably with experience using tools such as Docker, Ansible, and Chef to automate code deployment
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in Cloud platforms AWS, Azure and GCP
- Agile/Sprint planning methodology, JIRA experience a plus
Nice to Have skills but not required:
- Expertise in developing efficient, testable, and well-documented code
- Experience interacting with security subsystems including oAuth and LDAP
- Experience performing Java CI/CB/CD using Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
- Design and implementation of APIs and services to expose the data and abstract the tools
- Unit testing (JUnit, Mockito, PowerMock) and documentation (Javadoc) is a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 17,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.