Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Medidata is looking for an experienced, capable and passionate Sr. Benefits Analyst to report into the VP, Global Total Rewards. The role has responsibility to coordinate all wellness programs for the company, including planning, development, implementation and monitoring of global wellbeing initiatives. In addition, the incumbent will assess our current benefits processes and assist with the evaluation and implementation of a new Workday benefits module. Candidate should have a demonstrated track record with wellness programs, benefits process improvement, and benefits systems. This is an outstanding career opportunity to gain, refine and develop comprehensive global employee benefits and wellness experience in a fast-paced, growth company. Plenty of exposure with close working relationships among our internal HR team including Tech, HR Operations, Compensation, Global Payroll as well as our dynamic managers and employees.
- Plan, develop, implement and monitor global wellness program. Evaluate current initiatives, design new programs, and provide strategic analysis and modeling of KPIs to measure the plan’s impact on our employee health and well-being
- Evaluate current benefits programs (such as benefits inbox, benefits integrations with external vendors, open enrollment process, etc.) to determine if processes should remain in-house or be outsourced to ensure sustainability. With an eye to best practice, recommend change to streamline process
- Work closely with our HRIS team to support the evaluation and implementation of a new Workday benefits module
- Assist in planning, developing, and redesigning company benefits programs. Track global benefits expenditures and model future spend to facilitate budgeting process and ensure timely payment of vendors.
- Provide support to other members of the Benefits team on day-to-day processing of insurance programs and financial benefits and during open enrollment process to ensure we provide the highest level of customer service to employees
- Assist with the analysis of current vendor service levels and along with other members of the Benefits team, make recommendations to the VP, Global Total Rewards when Medidata should go out to bid on our benefits programs
- Assist with the facilitation of in-person and virtual new hire benefits orientation meetings.
- Provide outstanding customer service to our employees, managers and HR colleagues with benefit-related inquiries.
- Participate in market data surveys in order to determine company’s competitive position in employee benefits.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws impacting employee benefits.
- A strategic mindset and an emphasis on efficient, sustainable process
- Meticulous dedication to detail and accuracy
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency with Excel
- Excellent organizational skills; able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including grammar and spelling
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a true customer service orientation towards internal clients
- Collaborative, team spirit
- Absolute integrity, discretion and sensitivity to confidential company and employee information
Your Education & Experience:
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience as a Benefits Analyst or Administrator in an HR or Payroll department
- Experience with benefit systems and related integrations to external vendors. Workday experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with employee benefit and LOA laws and compliance requirements
- Demonstrated ability to improve process, drive automation and facilitate integrations with internal teams and vendors to help scale for growth.
- Experience with Payroll systems (ADP preferred) including pre- and post-tax deductions, goal amounts and a fundamental understanding of income tax implications attributable to employee benefits.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.