Director, Solution Sales Specialists
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Director, Solution Sales Specialist for Mid Market is responsible for achieving revenue objectives leading a team of Strategic Solution Sales Specialists across the US in identifying sales opportunities, qualifying opportunities and efficiently bringing opportunities to successful closure. The Director is also responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and personal involvement in customer relationships in order to remain consistent with Medidata business principles. This position should be located in either our NY or NJ office.
- Management of a team of Regional Strategic Solution Sales specialist across the US as part of the responsibility for driving bookings and revenue for the Mid Market organization.
- Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within assigned territory, per targets based on position referenced above
- Development and execution of strategic sales plans as they relate to specific opportunities and accounts within assigned territory – focus on value propositions and building pipeline for strategic solution areas.
- Represent Medidata in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
- Directly responsible for closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
- Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
- Provide strong substantiated feedback on solution areas
- Be the center of the loop on this feedback for product teams
- Maintain and update sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems as directed
- Quarterly and/or annual sales targets differ by title/position and are covered under a separate document
- Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
- Strong application software sales experience
- Working knowledge of life sciences industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success with process approached selling
- Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Strong business planning and organizational skills
Your Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years successful sales leadership experience required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.