Solution Sales Specialist, RBM
The Strategic Solution Sales team members act as product/domain experts for specific components of the Medidata Clinical Cloud. Our expertise is leveraged by Account Managers at key inflection points in the sales cycle. Beyond driving incremental revenue for the organization, we set the dialogue in the marketplace for the Medidata Clinical Cloud by working in concert with R&D, Marketing (Field & Product), Market Development, Inside Sales, Professional Services and Value Engineering. The Solution Sales Specialist, Risk Based Monitoring (RBM), will shape and help execute Medidata’s go-to-market strategy for CTMS, eTMF, Centralized Statistical Analysis and other products in our RBM portfolio.
- Responsible for achieving your quarterly/annual sales target.
- Collaborate with Pre-Sales, Marketing, Product Strategy, Product Management, Professional Services to build pipeline
- Work in concert with Account Managers to execute on sales strategies by presenting and evangelizing the value of Medidata’s solution directly to Sponsors and CROs.
- Assist and support Account managers and Market Development teams in speaking with prospective customer functional groups
- Progress identified RBM opportunities through the sales cycle
- Aid in supporting, establishing and managing quarterly Field Marketing activities for the RBM Solutions (including, but not limited to – webinars, conference attendance/presentation, customer and industry events)
- Support Medidata marketing teams in establishing and managing quarterly Product Marketing activities (including, but not limited to – white papers, press releases, search engine optimization, case studies, etc.)
- Create market demand by promoting Medidata RBM solutions via seminars, webinars, participation in industry events
- Provide input into design of talk track for email / cold call campaigns to be used by Market Development and Account Managers
- Work alongside Global Learning & Enablement to assist in development and delivery of the training offerings to scale the solution area with the direct sales force and partner teams
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Strong knowledge of the biopharmaceutical clinical trials R&D process and the CRO landscape
- Strong understanding of or past experience working with CROs.
- Software and/or services sales experience in the biopharma, life sciences, CRO industry with a strong track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets. Selling experience and understanding of SaaS sales cycles is preferred.
- Experience supporting clinical trial operations
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and partners at a senior management and director level
- Perform qualification and discovery with new clients to drive pipeline growth by identifying scientific and business value for the client
- Ability to listen actively and think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Comfort with sustained business travel of 30-50% (will vary by quarter)
- Experience with sales forecasting, pipeline management, quarterly goal attainment, territory plan development
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science focused discipline or equivalent experience is preferred
- Master’s Degree or higher is a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.