Scientific Data and Content Director
As Scientific Data and Content Director, you will lead the design and creation of data and product-driven scientific content strategy within the streaming MEDS data engineering department.
You'll create, develop, plan, design, write, produce and edit compelling content to support diverse instructional, informational, operational and promotional use cases. You'll conduct interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation and research and translate technical information into web-based knowledge content for nontechnical and technical users. You may document engineering processes and specifications that conform to company standards and recommend documentation format for technical and customer requirements.
You'll research and understand software products, as well as technical processes
- Work with product owners, developers, testers, and other key players to produce content deliverables
- Assess content needs and scope deliverables
- Determine appropriate content delivery mechanisms based on product goals, usage and audience needs
- Translate complex technical concepts into clear, concise, and accurate content under tight deadlines
- Create, maintain and update online help, knowledge articles, and other technical documentation with minimal supervision
- Participate in multiple projects and meets all target deadlines
- Document software interfaces (e.g., API, JSON)
- Create content in accordance with Medidata brand standards
- Perform audience analysis and develop plans to address their needs in content deliverables
- Analyze content usage and feedback and determines areas of improvement
- Research and lead implementations of new content creation and management technology for the team
- Strong facility to translate complex technical topics into clear, concise and compelling prose.
- Able to quickly decode, combine, and organize information into meaningful patterns.
- Good judgement grounded in a strong ability to use logic and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve results
- Using technology to optimize your own or the team's performance
- Prioritizing, planning and organizing work activities, managing several projects at once
- Consider the relative costs and benefits when determining topic selection for knowledge spaces and exercise independent judgment around what content should be and shouldn't be included
- Experience building and maintaining product knowledge in Knowledge Bases and authoring in Confluence preferred
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Proficiency in modern content creation and management best practices and technologies
- Familiarity with modern software practices and tools
- Experience with describing modern micro-service and big data architectures preferred
- Experience working in cross-functional teams required
- Experience with minimalistic and topic-based authoring preferred
- Experience writing for translation preferred
- Experience working in modern Agile development environments preferred
Your Education & Experience:
- 8+ years of technical writing experience documenting software or online systems required
- 4-year degree in Technical Communication, English, Education or Engineering/Scientific discipline required
- Certified Professional Technical Communicator (CPTC) certification preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.