Director, Product Management APAC
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Director, Product Management APAC is accountable for infusing and integrating a strong Product presence into the APAC region while representing APAC customer needs within the Global Product Management Organization for targeted solutions.
- Product Management liaison to APAC for internal and external customers
- Maintains deep understanding of product vision, strategy, roadmap and capabilities to serve as Product link to broader organization (Professional Services, Sales, Marketing, Product Teams)
- Member of the regional leadership team to ensure understanding of priorities, key opportunities and customers
- Champion product roadmaps, value proposition and differentiators
- Supports Sales in the assessment of client opportunities for product fit and strategy
- Supports clients engagements (sales, relationship management, implementation) as the Product expert and ensure broader engagement of product expertise when appropriate
- Manage critical issues from start to closure ensuring appropriate engagement by issue owners as well as adequate and timely resolution. Escalating to appropriate leaders in the broader organization to achieve resolution when required
- Represents region to product teams to ensure market and customer needs are considered in product strategy and roadmap decision making
- Establishes strong and effective working relationships with Product leadership to ensure APAC needs are clearly articulated and understood in decision making
- Contributes to product marketing and launch plans as well as channel readiness
- Defines broader strategy for evolving global support in the region
- Establish and gain buy in for regional internal Product enablement strategy ensuring the right structure and internal expertise to support clients
- Ensures strong internal communication and knowledge sharing across the region including but not limited to product roadmap, strategic decisions, launch plans, GTM strategy
- May manage one or more individuals based on regional support needs. As such:
- Effectively on-board new hires in order to quickly maximize performance
- Set and communicate team/individual objectives and key performance indicators to motivate individuals to achieve high performance
- Allocate workload to fully utilize every employee’s skills and abilities
- Implement development plans and coach individuals to reach their maximum potential
- Provide ongoing constructive feedback on performance and address development needs in a timely manner
- Recognize high performers to maintain motivation and retain key talent
- Regularly communicate relevant company information and progress against business plan
- Provide opportunities for team development and interaction
- Inspires a purpose: Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others into action
- Simplifies Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quality, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems and bring clarity to stakeholders
- Builds Relationships: Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
- Fosters Collaboration: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences from SME to executive levels.
- Plans ahead: Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Scales for Growth: knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensures accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Self-aware: Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Values differences: Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
- Strives to learn: actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Coaches others: Develops people to meet both their career and the organization’s goals
- Inspires work: Provides direction and delegation, removes obstacles to get work done
- Builds teams: Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of products with insight to know when/how to leverage supplemental expertise
- Globally focused regional advocate: Builds global coalitions applying appropriate cultural understanding
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally globally up to 50-75% of time
- Able and willing to work non-standard business hours with global counterparts
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Your Education & Experience:
- University degree, preferably in business, technology or related discipline
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years’ experience with BS, 8+ years with MS
- Relevant experience with SaaS products and/or Life Sciences
- Agile experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrable experience of face-to-face working with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Information Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.