Director, Product Management (Data & Analytics)
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It is built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 23,000+ trials and 6M patients. Our team is composed of over 300 PhD/Masters data scientists, engineers, analytical product leads, engagement managers, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
You will lead product vision, strategy, roadmap and development for the clinical trial monitoring module of Intelligent Trials, Acorn AI’s operational analytics solution area, which helps identify issues with trials earlier and accelerate trial timelines. You will work with a dynamic team of product owners, data engineers, predictive modelers, application engineers, UX designers, and business experts.
- Drive strategy and agile development of analytics driven SaaS solutions
- Develop roadmap and requirements along with product owners
- Evangelize solutions internally and externally
- Directly manage a team of product owners
- Perform analyses to drive strategic decision making
- Support targeted client consulting engagements leveraging our data and products, build case studies and drive adoption
- Collaborate with other teams to guide the marketing, sales and pricing of new products
- Develop internal and external communication materials, translating and summarizing technical information for business audiences
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to develop a product vision and strategy
- An established track record of successful product management and delivery
- Demonstrated experience managing multidisciplinary teams leveraging large amounts of data, developing analytics and delivering insights to improve business decisions
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral) including ability to translate between business and technical domains and interface with customers
- Ability to comfortably handle both big picture and details
- Strong business analysis skills
- Experience having direct reports
- Familiarity with agile development tools (ex: JIRA) and concepts such as databases, programming, statistical modeling, machine learning, data visualization
Nice to have(s) but not required…
- Experience with analytics for clinical operations and/or clinical trial monitoring within the life sciences industry
- MBA preferred, with a concentration in data-driven decision making, statistics, consulting or health care
- Working experience with SQL
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of experience managing development of a data / analytics driven software product with a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or business discipline (business administration, management information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics or related field); or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.