Senior Data Scientist
AcornAI - a Medidata company
Medidata’s journey started in 1999 when a scientist working on his first clinical trial waded through inefficiencies and delays – and knew that technology could improve the process. Almost 20 years later, we've grown to be the leader in clinical technology. In 2019, we launched AcornAI to meet changing biopharma need as companies rapidly progress to the age of precision medicine.
Built on our platform with the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 17,000+ trials and 4.5M patients, AcornAI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. Our team is composed of over 40 PhD/Masters statisticians, data scientists, analytical product leads, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
AcornAI’s is looking for individuals who will help us tackle some of the most complex questions facing the industry today using our proprietary AcornAI platform and advanced analytics.
AcornAi’s delivery team is looking for data scientists who will help us tackle some of the most complex questions facing the industry today using our proprietary Acorn platform and advanced analytics. In this role, you will research and develop statistical models. At AcornAi, we never work alone. This role will partner heavily with all of the key stakeholder functions including Product, Data Science, Engineering, Partnerships and Biostatistics. Successful candidates will be skilled in analytical/quantitative thinking, structured communication and excited about building the next horizon of Medidata’s journey of powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
- Solve some of the most complex problems in healthcare, translating complex data into meaningful insights
- Design, develop and validate statistical models for novel medical applications. Areas of team focus include mHealth, genomics, and other projects in support of design, analysis, optimization and meta-analysis of clinical trials
- Be the face of the company partnering closely with our customers’ Data Science teams
- Provide support functions around model-building, including data cleaning and code review
- Productionalize developed methods and code for integration with existing/new products
- Work directly with our team comprised of the brightest minds in technology, research and mathematics as well as senior interfaces from leading life sciences companies across the globe
Your Education & Experience:
- Strong verbal and written communication; collaborative focus
- Ph.D. or Masters in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Bioinformatics or another quantitative field with strong foundation in statistical methodology
- 3-4+ years of experience with statistical analysis in a healthcare related field
- Proven experience in translating business challenges into data pipelines & model framework, owning and driving successful projects
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to diverse audiences
- Experience with statistical tools and programming languages that allow you to be self-sufficient in handling data (R, Python, SQL, Java)
- Experience with large healthcare datasets, Machine Learning techniques (classification, regressions, feature selection etc.)
- Experience using Git version control
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.