Senior Manager, People Team Operations
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The People Operations team strives to maximize the operational effectiveness of the People Team through strategic use of technology and process improvement. The Senior Manager, People Operations reports to the People Team Chief of Staff and works closely with the People Leadership Team to drive the tactical execution for People Operations delivery globally. This role is responsible for the development, implementation and adoption of programs, processes and tools to drive scalability, efficiency and continuous improvement. This leader is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Operations team. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience building a shared service center from the ground up.
- Bring your vision and passion for employee experience and process improvement.
- Possess deep knowledge of HR processes, advise on best practices for optimizing the use of HR tools, drive global HR process optimization and standardization while balancing the business need for flexibility
- Oversee all People Team Operations activities including the delivery and support of benefits programs, talent acquisition coordination, onboarding and off-boarding of employees, leaves of absence, immigration, HR portal content and other employee life-cycle related programs and / or changes
- Manage Vendors (Immigration, Relocation and Background Checks)
- Promote continuous improvement in the development of Operations Team through leadership, guidance and education
- Responsible for integrity and security of HR data and other confidential information
- Coordinate People Team interactions cross-functionally with other teams as necessary, including Payroll, Finance, IT, as well as other parts of the People Team
- Work with the team and partners to ensure HR compliance in all domestic and international jurisdictions
- Create or update/maintain policies regarding equal employment opportunities, worker’s
- compensation, unemployment, employment verifications, AA, EEO and other federal, state and country mandates
- Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, applicable laws, and employment legislation pertaining to all personnel matters, and various federal requirements.
- Drive exceptional customer service
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to foster strong partnership with HR and other internal clients
- Research, coordinate and manage HR records retention strategy.
- Coach, mentor and provide leadership development to team members
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet both short and long range goals and objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to convey business requirements and technical needs in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with HR, business partners and IT staff.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others in accomplishing goals.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, quality of service, and costs.
- Possesses ability to manage multiple project plans successfully and simultaneously.
- Accomplishes commitments towards goals and objectives by motivating and building a team; motivates individuals and groups by creating a positive work environment.
- Handle highly confidential data with the upmost integrity
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five to seven years of solid, supervisory/ management experience in human resource operations
- Experience with an HR Shared Service model preferred
- Experience in core HCM processes in Workday
- Experience supporting M&A activities a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.