Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Manager, Product is focused on creating, managing, and ensuring execution of the long term roadmap by utilizing insights from sales, marketing, clients, prospects, partners, and a deep understanding of market and competitive dynamics. The SLPM is a thought-leader within the domain being worked in and helps shape the organization's strategy based on opportunities identified.
- Own the product vision and maintain the product roadmap for directly assigned portfolio and other products in adjacent portfolios that are part of the overall solution area
- Understand market trends, competitor forces, and regional and global industry regulations
- Perform analysis on technical, operational, and market considerations for new product development and differentiation
- Work with the Pricing team on strategies and evaluate product positioning to ultimately recommend whether to invest, sustain, or retire products
- Communicate with external clients and partners
- Be the voice of the product owner to management
- Support the sales team with sales cycle documentation and presentations
- Present roadmap presentations to clients and partners
- Engage with industry stakeholders and working groups to influence industry strategy and growth for the assigned solution area
- Represent Medidata's vision, strategy and roadmap in industry meetings, conferences and other marketing channels
- Identify opportunities, drive and execute cross-product strategy collaboration and roadmap alignment
- Perform cost-benefit analyses and recommend plans-of-action to senior management
- Create data-driven revenue goals and propose budget requests to meet said goals
- Contribute to thought-leadership knowledge sharing through internal blogs
- Participate in key client meetings
- Intelligently pull in other stakeholders to help manage customer relationship as needed
- Help drive or lead customer meeting prep across multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate with Product, Product Marketing, Research, Strategy and Strategic Consulting to define long-term strategy and influence product roadmaps
- Define and executes Go-To-Market strategies and works with internal stakeholders to ensure product launches on time, budget and strategy
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify how we can expand a customer relationship, and implements said plan across the organization.
People management & Product Leadership skills
- Identify and recruit talent to ensure effective mix of competencies within the team
- Set and communicate team/individual objectives and key performance indicators to motivate individuals to achieve high performance
- Allocate workload to fully utilize every employee’s skills and abilities
- Provide ongoing constructive feedback on performance and address development needs in a timely manner
- Recognize high performers to maintain motivation and retain key talent
- Regularly communicate relevant company information and progress against business plan to direct reports and stakeholders (not-direct reports)
- Provide opportunities for team development and interaction for direct reports and peers across product areas
- Ability to gain agreement to plans and ideas by promoting and focusing on common goals and win-win results.
- Confidence to state own views clearly without damaging relationships
- Advanced Presentation and communication skills
- Effectively present information in a manner that is clear, fluent, and to the point demonstrates ability to adapt communication to different audiences and engage the audience.
- Ability to translate ideas, thoughts, feelings into speech that is appropriate and understood by the audience; is professional and courteous.
- Advanced Problem solving
- Understands needs and expectations, evaluate information, use experience in forming opinions, evaluate the benefits of alternative solutions and their impact to determine the most appropriate course of actions to achieve goals
- Advanced Planning & Execution
- Effectively defines team work into tasks, priorities tasks, allocate resources, deals with conflicting work issues, sets deadlines and review progress against plan
- Advanced Working Under Pressure
- Being able to successfully work under pressure is about being able to prioritize the most important task that you need to finish. It’s about being able to work to the best of your ability when you have a tight deadline or lots to complete. Most of all, it about being to maintain a sense of calm and order when you feel like work is getting on top of you.
- Advanced Financial Awareness
- Understanding of finance, accounting, and general business concepts, especially P&L and ROI
- Market awareness
- Knowledge of processes, needs and requirements and how they are/would be best met with Medidata products or new technology
- Working knowledge of internal SOPs, standard Agile processes, external regulatory guidance around clinical software development, client expectations, and the associated documentation and process requirements to comply with all stakeholders
Your Education & Experience:
- Academic and professional qualifications:
- University degree, preferably in business, marketing or related discipline
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 7+ years with BS, 6+ years with MS
- Relevant experience with SaaS products Product Management or product Marketing
- Relevant experience with Life Sciences R&D / Clinical Operations
- Relevant experience with Risk-Based Monitoring in Clinical Development strongly preferred
- Agile experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrable experience of face-to-face working with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Travel requirements:
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.