Business Development Specialist
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Marketing the company’s products and/or services with well-qualified prospects and existing customers; Acquire new customers and sell additional products or services to existing ones. Specific focus on the BIOVIA product set.
- Deploy an effective contact strategy to connect and build relationships with new and existing contacts
- Follow up on Marketing-generated leads
- Educate prospects on the Medidata Platform
- Maintain thorough records of correspondence in Salesforce
- Research companies on Internet, industry publications, and third party tools to identify new targets and selling opportunities
- Support Area Sales Representatives / Account Managers to identify and nurture opportunities within individual territories
- Coordinate warm lead hand off from outside lead generation group to Area Sales Representatives / Account Managers
- Coordinate product demonstrations with Area Sales Representatives / Account Managers and Solutions Consultants
- Work through Medidata MSA and SOW contracts with internal and prospect/customer legal councils
- Participate in company sponsored events and marketing campaigns designed to stimulate more brand and product awareness
- Attain lead / sales opportunity generation and sales targets
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Exposure to formal sales methodologies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Software or complex sales experience
- Knowledge of Clinical Development arena
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility, and work in a professional team environment
- Application software sales experience a plus
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred, or equivalent relevant experience
- Previous technical telesales experience preferred
- Experience selling to large enterprise accounts preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.