Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure on-time delivery of high quality data and analytics output and develop and own project plans and timelines end-to-end
- Work cross-functionally to gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, and communicate recommendations on some of the most complex issues in the industry today
- Lead problem-solving with clients, data scientists and other stakeholders to identify the analytics needed to answer client questions and generate impact in line with our mission
- Track and communicate progress and decisions clearly, triage issues to the appropriate internal stakeholder and ensure timely effective issue resolution
- Create processes so that each project is easier and faster than the last one
- A technical bent and the ability to use or to learn to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. Excel/SQL/Python/R/SAS).
- Outstanding structured and critical thinking
- Passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- Superb project management and a relentless drive to get things done even in the face of ambiguity and complexity
- Entrepreneurial drive and a passion to advance the development of new treatments
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to effectively work with all levels within and across departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work and advise on multiple projects at the same time
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience. MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- 4+ years of work experience in one of the following types of highly structured or scientific environments: management/healthcare consulting, life sciences, data and analytics role
- Experience across the life science and/or healthcare value chain
- Basic proficiency with SQL or experience using R, Python, or SAS a strong plus.
- Experience analyzing data at the patient, physician, or payer level (e.g., electronic medical records, clinical trials, administrative claims, specialty pharmacy, wholesale, etc.)
- Experience with open-source common data models (e.g., OHDSI/OMOP, CDISC/SDTM/ADaM, Sentinel, etc.) a plus
- Experience leading a cross-functional team formally or informally a plus
- Travel up to 25% to engage with customers and the marketplace
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.