Senior Business Analyst, SaaS
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Work independently under the direction of business leaders and product management to provide feature-based solutions that support Medidata product strategy
- Develop product requirements and processes for tools that make it easy for customers and internal teams to integrate and map to our services
- Work with product members to finalize product priorities, including bug fixes
- Create and own the business/product requirements documentation, including user stories
- Interact with other Business Analysts, Product Owners, and internal stakeholders to understand new business requirements and enhancement requests.
- Collaborate with the User Experience team to design amazing workflows for our customers
- Interact with architecture, engineering, and quality assurance teams during the software build and/or configuration process and testing process.
- Be the subject matter expert and product expert for multiple products/services
- Directly interface with business users by responding to support calls escalated by the Help Desk.
- Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects meet specific standards
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues.
- Actively participate in meetings, including all agile ceremonies, and make valuable contributions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with technical resources and effectively communicate technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders
- Ability to translate business needs to a technical team, including creating user stories, documenting use cases, acceptance criteria, and feature overviews
- Critical thinking: Analysis and problem-solving skills to address core business problems; Ability to effectively evaluate a problem or situation from all angles to determine the most appropriate solution
- Ability to prioritize your own time and juggle many competing priorities
- Technical/software development experience a plus
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy
- Skilled at creating business cases that meet product and strategic company objectives
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, continually evolving environment
Your Education & Experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of related experience; or an advanced degree 5+ years experience
- Relevant experience with SaaS products, Life Sciences, and/or highly regulated industries strongly preferred
- Agile experience strongly preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.