Client Services Principal
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Project Management/Client Services Function is responsible for the overall relationship management of client accounts and day to day activities.
- Management of APM, PM, SR PM, ED's, Sr ED, Directors who are responsible for one or more larger more complex projects with a focus on delivery of the scope on time, within budget and with a high quality outcome
- Provide general oversight and management for (sub) Business segment clients
- Provide financial management activities for one or more client budgets (up to 15 M$) as well as preparation and execution of Statements of Works and Change Orders
- Oversight in the budgeting and engagement authorization process
- Generate Professional Services proposals and supports prospecting activities
- Maintain appropriate project/client documentation within e-binders for one or more projects/clients
- Maintain high client satisfaction by providing proactive communication and issue management
- Support the activities that will result in the expanded use of the Medidata Applications and Services
- Develop client relationship as “trusted advisor” role through effective proactive project management
- Maintain reference able clients.
- Provide guidance and consulting to clients around the best use of the Medidata Applications
- Is Deep Subject Matter Expert/Lead consultant in at least 4 Medidata Applications through the delivery of workshops and other consultancy activities
- Manage 3-7 resources reporting to the Client Services Principal, which includes activities such are hiring, performance management, coaching, mentoring, disciplinary actions, etc
- Assure compliance with Medidata’s standard project management methodologies and Medidata SOPs and mentors other project resources
- A deep understanding of clinical research (pharma, device and/or biotech sectors) and of Clinical Research SaaS technology
- Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, public speaking, presentation and teaching skills
- Proficient with MS Office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellence with MS Project, project development and management
- Self motivated, able to work remotely and able to assume responsibility in a professional manner
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Is proficient in the use of all relevant Medidata internal systems
- Travel expectations up to 50%, national / international
- Valid driver’s license required
Your Education & Experience:
- Master degree required (analytic discipline a plus)
- 10+ years relevant experience in clinical/biomedical and/or software development environment
- 5+ Years line management experience
- Prior professional services project financial experience required
- Prior services delivery experience required
- Electronic Clinical Data Management (eCDM) software consulting experience desirable
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.