Revenue Recognition Accountant
Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It’s built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 17,000+ trials and 4.5M patients. Our team is composed of over 40 PhD/Masters statisticians, data scientists, analytical product leads, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
The Revenue Accountant plays a critical role in positioning Medidata as a leader of best-in-class accounting practices and processes. The Revenue Accountant manages multiple revenue functions as well as provides meaningful insight into accounting treatment for complex contracts. This position requires a person with impeccable attention to detail who is comfortable managing a variety of functions while providing a high level of value to our partners across the business
- Assist in managing the revenue recognition function through contract review, revenue and deferred revenue reconciliation activities, analysis and reporting of revenue, as well as ad hoc revenue-related accounting
- Own cross-functional work cycle with Sales function to manage revenue pipeline and gauge accounting complexities
- Analyze customer contracts to identify complex provisions and advise on appropriate treatment under ASC 606
- Present findings and revenue conclusions to both internal and external stakeholders
- Reconcile and review Deferred Revenue and prepare required adjusting entries
- Perform accounting related to incremental costs of obtaining contracts, including variable sales compensation
- Manage cross-functional strategic projects as needed
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare documentation around complex revenue recognition accounting issues
- Manage compliance and maintenance of internal control requirements
- Review and support all revenue recognition disclosures in all public filings.
- Ensure compliance with key controls and accurate reporting and fulfill internal and external reporting requirements, including the external audit
- Strong technical accounting skills and exposure to revenue recognition rules under U.S. GAAP (mastery of revenue recognition not required)
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and ability to multi-task on a variety of complex projects
- Experience in researching accounting literature to resolve complex U.S. GAAP technical issues, with the ability to communicate findings and conclusions to financial and non-financial personnel
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or Finance
- Min 2 years public accounting audit experience with a focus on revenue recognition
- Experience auditing SaaS companies preferred or enterprise software company with many multiple element arrangements preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.