(Singapore) Senior Marketing Specialist, ANZ and SEA
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Senior Marketing Specialist is responsible for planning, executing and measuring public relations, nurturing and demand generation programs that drive sales of Medidata’s Clinical Cloud solutions for the Life Sciences industry. This position works closely with internal marketing groups and the sales organization. This high visibility role will interface with sales and marketing leadership as well as executive client leadership. It will require exceptional creativity, the ability to innovate, and a “hands-on” approach to accomplish the work.
- Take an active role in supporting day-to-day media relations activities, including industry trend research, proactive pitching, scheduling media interviews, spokesperson bureau development, press release distribution, thought leadership events and analyst relations.
- Write, edit, adapt and coordinate press releases, blog posts, bylined articles, award submissions, customer references, success stories, and other content to support Medidata’s external communication initiatives for distribution through the media, company websites, social media channels, intranet and third-party sites / platforms.
- Help to ensure Medidata’s presence at tech and life sciences trade events through researching and flagging relevant speaking opportunities for SMEs, as well as assist in developing and submitting abstracts.
- Direct, influence and consult local PR agency to implement strategy and provide quality results.
- Ensure local PR agency deliverables consistently meet deadlines and are completed within budget.
- Manage internal (and any necessary external) PR review / approval processes.
- Track communication activities, maintain ongoing PR activity report and prepare updates for the department, executives and others as needed.
- Create marketing plans by engaging Sales in annual and quarterly planning to determine programs, activities, and marketing assets to achieve business and revenue objectives.
- Execute demand generation programs and integrated marketing campaigns utilizing a variety of techniques including email, webinars, social media initiatives and digital/inbound marketing programs.
- Execute face-to-face programs such as half-day seminars, breakfast meetings, lunch and learns, executive roundtable and hands-on workshops.
- Collaborate with product marketing to review and adapt marketing assets such as website, data sheets, customer reference stories, sales enablement tools, videos, ROI analysis, social media awareness and “air cover”, demand generation programs and external communications.
- Serve as the point-of-contact on cross-functional teams for various marketing campaigns.
- Measure and report performance against established metrics.
- Build and maintain collaborative and mutually beneficial partnerships internally with global, regional and country teams, and externally with third-party partners.
- Knowledge of life sciences and / or technology media and influencer sphere.
- Extensive media and influencer campaign planning and execution experience, including setting up and managing media interviews.
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing, building and executing integrated communications programs that align with company objectives and produce significant results.
- Ability to design and produce multi-channel content programs for diverse audiences.
- Knowledge and experience in building and executing marketing plans and programs utilizing email, webinars, digital/inbound marketing, social media and face-to-face events.
- Ability to be innovative with respect to program creation and problem resolution, and process-oriented with respect to marketing operations and execution workflows.
- Knowledge of marketing processes and automation systems; experience with lead scoring and nurturing methodologies is a plus.
- Ability to manage to a budget, have a measured approach to demonstrate value of the communications team to the organization.
- Experience interfacing with all levels in a Sales organization including account executives, technical consultants, regional managers, and senior leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills to bring together stakeholders from disparate functional groups to enable program creation, support, and execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously.
- A can-do attitude, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong work ethic, high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information.
Education & Experience:
- A true team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and drive, who is focused on achieving results.
- Flexibility and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based environment and with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with B2B audiences.
- Experience in either life sciences / biopharmaceutical sector or technology industry is preferred.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions International Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions.