Accounts Payable Specialist
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
This position requires a person, who performs at a high level of accuracy and efficiency, is well organized and demonstrates ownership and initiative to accomplish goals. Additionally, the candidate will innovate to drive efficiencies through the process improvements. The position will report to the Director, Accounts Payable.
- Verify approval on all invoices and prepare disbursement requests
- Coding invoices
- Purchase foreign currency and set-up ACH and wire transactions
- Able to prepare and process checks for multi companies
- Update and maintain vendor database
- Able to process and enter 200-300 invoices per week
- Maintaining proper internal controls and enforcement of Medidata’s policies and procedures.
- Assist with expense report processing
- Ability to process and follow-up on rush items
- Responsible for new vendor set up
- Assist with 1099 preparation, distribution and inquiries
- Responsible for AP mail and mailbox workflow, distribution and forwarding
- Spearhead document retention process for AP, filing invoices, maintaining AP documents, and facilitate and manage offsite storage of documents
- Provide AP documents for internal and external audit teams and internal departments upon request
- Special projects as assigned
- Ability prioritize and to multi-task in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel
- Eye for detail, accuracy is imperative
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- A general understanding of Sarbanes Oxley is preferred
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, or finance is required; or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a corporate environment preferred
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.