Proposals and Contracts Developer
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Proposals & Contracts Developer supports Global/Regional Account Managers, Sales Management, and the Professional Services department in the pricing of our products and services, the development of formal proposals, the drafting of statements of work and the preparation of the financial aspects of RFI / RFP responses. The Proposals & Contracts Developer is an expert in the pricing methodology behind Medidata’s products and services, and interface with numerous departments within Medidata as well as with our customers to share that pricing expertise
- Oversee the collection of assumptions and parameters required for detailed pricing of Medidata’s software and services.
- Develop proposals and statements of work using the company’s pricing tool and/or pricing methodology as required.
- Conduct and/or participate in pricing meetings with customers.
- Facilitate required approvals by appropriate management for pricing adjustments and statement of work delivery.
- Interface with Legal department staff to expedite legal review and approval of final statements of work as required.
- Develop and maintain customer specific guidelines for unique customer pricing and/or statement of work formats.
- Facilitate regular updates and maintenance to the pricing tool and contractual templates as required.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and projects as required.
- Suggest customers in offering of various products.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Contract management experience within CROs or other application software providers
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including Visual Basic for Applications, macros and advanced security techniques
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in the Life Sciences, Business, Finance or Computer Science
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of experience in life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.