Director, Commercial Analytics, CDS
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It’s built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 17,000+ trials and 4.5M patients. Our team is composed of over 40 PhD/Masters statisticians, data scientists, analytical product leads, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
We are seeking excellent individuals who understand the challenges facing healthcare organizations and are passionate about delivering solutions to maximize the potential of scientific and technological advancements. With a focus on database design and data management, you will be responsible for building robust, cloud-based solutions serving the life sciences industry.
The Director, Commercial Analytics within Acorn AI’s Commercial Data Solutions is responsible for driving a high-growth, innovative, commercial analytics practice area that helps to solve difficult challenges for pre-commercial and commercial brands. This role is responsible for the entire commercial analytics project lifecycle including value articulation, scoping and project delivery.
● Leverage thought-leadership and analytics to develop higher-level, strategic client relationships (VPs and C-level)
● Formulate Data Strategies with clients to ensure actionable insights that meet the brands business and analytic needs
● Engage with pre-Commercial and Commercial clients to educate on Commercial KPIs in order to establish thought leadership
● Oversee for end-to-end solution/ project delivery including scope, timeline, budget, and resource planning
● Cultivate industry partnerships including data providers and data interoperability technologies
● Quantify the impact of analytics solutions/ projects on clients’ brand performance (i.e. increased growth, efficiency, etc.)
● Align commercial analytics offering and capabilities to market needs and opportunities
● Identify and lead strategic initiatives that will continue to enhance and broaden Acorn AI’s Commercial Data Solutions’ service offerings as a leader in the commercial data space
● Manage Commercial Analytics P/L and forecast
● Hire and develop core team of direct reports
● Develop use cases, case studies and sales collateral that clearly articulates value and differentiates capabilities
● Partner with internal business functions (Product, Delivery, etc.) to provide seamless delivery of analytic solutions/ projects
● Drive consulting excellence by identifying and implementing industry best practices, leading consulting methodologies, and a strong training and development curriculum for the consulting team
● Other responsibilities as assigned
Your Education & Experience:
● Minimum of 10 years of related experience managing complex commercial engagements within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries
● 5 years of proven consulting and/or engagement management experience
● Deep understanding of Clinical and Commercial strategy and execution, and related data and analytics
Note: The requirements should reflect your minimum requirements for the role in general
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 20,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.