E-Discovery and Legal Operations Manager
This role will be responsible for providing overall support for the litigation function, with an emphasis on e-discovery matters. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the internal operations of the Legal Team and be able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, adapting quickly to change. The E-Discovery and Legal Operations Manager position is located at Medidata’s corporate headquarters in New York City, subject to COVID-related restrictions on in-office work.
As the E-Discovery and Legal Operations Manager, you will:
- Support all aspects of document discovery, including e-discovery, document management, the litigation hold process, and document production
- Act as a liaison among Legal, Enterprise Support, vendors, and outside counsel to ensure an effective e-discovery process. Maintain systems in support of document preservation and e-discovery storage and retrieval.
- Assist in-house and outside counsel with the coordination of responses to subpoenas and written discovery demands; draft correspondence
- Coordinate the selection of litigation support vendors and manage the company’s relationship with litigation support vendors
- Coordinate the scheduling of witness interviews, deposition preparation, and depositions
- Maintain comprehensive litigation and pre-litigation case files and trackers, and prepare monthly/quarterly status reports
- Design and implement practical processes for the Legal Team and identify, evaluate and implement process efficiency improvements
- Represent the Legal Team in cross-functional collaboration projects with partner teams to optimize legal support within the company
- Manage projects to support compliance programs, including initiatives to support annual compliance training, Code of Conduct, and corporate policy management
- Generate and manage legal templates, prepare correspondence, assist in the creation of presentations
- Manage departmental budgeting and forecasting process, collaborate with Finance to analyze conduct monthly expense analytics; process accruals
- Interact with outside counsel and other vendors to ensure compliance with company policies and billing guidelines
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to anticipate what will be needed, analyze and problem solve
- Ability to make decisions with limited direction
- Desire to learn new skills and step outside traditional paralegal tasks, including exposure to or interest in project management outside the litigation context
Your Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent knowledge and experience
- 8+ years of complex commercial litigation experience as an e-discovery professional or paralegal with significant e-discovery experience at a major law firm or in-house legal department
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.