Biovia Sales Director
Medidata & Dassault Systèmes Life Sciences Engagement team: empowering people and energizing passion to change the world and create the future.
Dassault Systèmes, with 35 years of experience transforming the way products are designed, produced and supported has combined with Medidata, developers of the world’s most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real world data. Our Life Sciences sales and marketing teams bring together all of Dassault Systemes life science capabilities in one go-to-market organization, providing our clients with life science domain focus and expertise to accelerate their business. As one organization we are leading the transformation in life sciences. Unique in the industry, we provide our clients with an integrated business and scientific platform from discovery and preclinical development, through clinical trials, all the way to manufacturing and commercialization. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. Dassault Systemes Life Sciences & Healthcare, led by Medidata co-founder Tarek Sherif, has global operations and employees in the US, Europe and Asia.
The Director BIOVIA Strategic Solution Sales for North American (NAM) Enterprise Market is responsible for achieving revenue objectives leading a team of BIOVIA Strategic Solution Sales Specialists across the US in identifying sales opportunities, qualifying opportunities and efficiently bringing opportunities to successful closure. The Director is also responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and personal involvement in customer relationships in order to remain consistent with 3DS Life Sciences business principles.
• Management of a team of Regional Strategic Solution Sales specialist across the US as part of the responsibility for driving bookings and revenue for the NAM Enterprise Market organization.
• Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within assigned territory, per targets based on position referenced above
• Development and execution of strategic sales plans as they relate to specific opportunities and accounts within assigned territory – focus on value propositions and building pipeline for strategic solution areas.
• Represent 3DS Life Sciences in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
• Responsible for Sales Solutions Specialists and their execution of sales actives, and the closing of sales transactions with clients and prospects
• Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
• Provide strong substantiated feedback on solution areas. Be the center of the loop on this feedback for product teams.
• Manage Sales Solutions Specialists to create, maintain and update sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems.
• Quarterly and/or annual sales targets differ by title/position and are covered under a separate document
• Demonstrated consistent track record in leading teams that exceed sales targets
• Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
• Strong application software sales experience
• Working knowledge of life sciences industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated success with process approached selling
• Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
• Strong business planning and organizational skills
Your Education & Experience:
• Minimum 5 years successful sales leadership experience required
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
Dassault Systemes and Medidata are making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device research and development, manufacturing and commercialization, to enable life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for global innovation.
With Medidata’s record of more than 20,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world, we also pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of insights to our clients, enabling them to make the decisions that allow them to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.