Senior Product Owner (APIs)
Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It is built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 20,000+ trials and 6M patients. Our team is composed of over 300 PhD/Masters data scientists, engineers, analytical product leads, engagement managers, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
The Senior Product Owner is a key role on our Intelligent Trials product management team that leads the design, development, and commercialization of our operational analytics suite of solutions, with ownership of APIs. The data and AI driven insights from Intelligent Trials help our customers bring drugs to patients faster by optimizing trial design, improving planning, and monitoring trials in real-time against changing industry conditions.
This role will be part of a broader team of data and application engineers, predictive modelers, designers, testers, and business experts. The Senior Product Owner will be responsible for developing product requirements, supporting management of cross-functional engineering efforts, performing analyses, and synthesizing insights to accelerate the development and commercialization of cloud-based analytics products.
• Support management of data science based software product / API development involving large amounts of data, statistical modeling / machine learning, design, prototyping, and customer feedback
• Translate business needs into requirements for a technical audience, including creating user stories, synthesizing use cases, defining acceptance criteria, and documenting feature overviews
• Work across an interdisciplinary team to prioritize and coordinate tasks, monitor progress, help resolve issues, and facilitate team meetings
• Perform data-driven analyses and develop recommendations to guide decision making
• Participate in and support interactions with clients to collect business requirements and drive product adoption
• Coordinate and assist in the testing of new products and features
• Help develop external communication material by translating and summarizing technical information for business audiences, and developing key messaging
• Strong analytical skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive business decisions
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in an agile development environment
• Ability to manage the work from teams of widely varying skills and levels
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and great attention to detail with ability to translate business needs into technical requirements for development
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (in a quantitative or business discipline, e.g. business administration, management information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics or related field) and a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or an advanced degree and 2 years of work experience; or equivalent work experience
• Experience managing the development of APIs
• Familiarity with technical and analytics concepts such as databases, data visualizations, statistical analyses, and machine learning models
• Familiarity with Agile development processes and JIRA
• Work experience with SQL, experience with R or Python a plus
• Advanced skills in MS Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word to conduct ad-hoc analyses
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 20,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.