Senior Solution Consultant
Dassault Systèmes Life Sciences Engagement team: empowering people and energizing passion to change the world and create the future.
Dassault Systèmes, with 35 years of experience transforming the way products are designed, produced and supported has combined with Medidata, developers of the world’s most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Our Life Sciences sales and marketing teams bring together all of Dassault Systèmes life science capabilities in one go-to-market organization, providing our clients with life science domain focus and expertise to accelerate their business. As one organization we are leading the transformation in life sciences. Unique in the industry, we provide our clients with an integrated business and scientific platform from discovery and preclinical development, through clinical trials, all the way to manufacturing and commercialization. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. Dassault Systèmes Life Sciences & Healthcare, led by Medidata co-founder Tarek Sherif, has global operations and employees in the US, Europe and Asia.
Medidata Solutions Consultants (pre-sales engineers) partner with sales team in opportunity strategy, discovery conversations, presentation, demonstration and sale of Medidata applications and services. The Solution Consultant is the application and technical lead for all sales activities and supports the sales team with overall account strategies. The Solution Consultant is the lead technical presenter in customer facing events. You are the go-to domain expert, and the evangelist for this area of our clinical trial solution offering.
- Participate in account planning and strategy for successful adoption of products and solutions
- Lead customer needs analysis discussions
- Guide the preparation of standard or custom demonstration environments
- Develop a deep understanding of customer technical infrastructure and business processes
- Become a “trusted advisor” to clients focused on outcomes-based benefits of technology adoption
- Lead workshops and proof of concept pilots and evaluations of technology
- Serve as technical expert in Medidata solutions and how they fit into client environment
- Participate in product demonstrations and/or booth support activities at trade show events
- Lead application and/or technical product demonstrations
- Conduct product seminars
- Assist in ensuring the correct product placement and value messages for Medidata solutions
- Assist with completion of application and/or technical RFI/RFP responses
- Support effective transition of new accounts to Professional Services team
- Collaborator - working with other departments to qualify opportunities, continue to build product momentum and increase Medidata market share
- Leveraging knowledge - having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Solution evangelist - working with sales team to execute on sales strategies, in part, by presenting and evangelizing the value of our solution directly to Sponsors and CROs
- Issue resolution - working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Independent worker - acting independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Knowledge of computer usage in a web-based environment
- Exposure to life sciences applications and/or concepts
- Minimum of three years of previous technical sales consulting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Exposure to formal sales methodologies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Command of native level Japanese (read, write and speak) and business level English required.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in life sciences industry and/or medical/clinical operations or equivalent experience in other enterprise systems preferred
Dassault Systèmes and Medidata are making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device research and development, manufacturing and commercialization, to enable life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for global innovation.
With Medidata’s record of more than 20,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world, we also pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of insights to our clients, enabling them to make the decisions that allow them to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions K.K. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or other factors that are unrelated to the legitimate business interests of Medidata Solutions