Director, Product Management (Clinical Data Management)
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Director, Product Management (Clinical Data Management) will drive a comprehensive product strategy that will meet the ever-changing Data Management needs in the clinical trial domain. This person will work with all product leaders and a number of customers to drive the clinical data management platform experience from product conception and definition through end of life. They function as a central resource with design, quality, test, marketing and distribution as the product(s) move through their lifecycle. This development will utilize components of Medidata’s market-leading clinical technology platform and look at innovative ways to further serve our user community.
- Ensure the product teams work within our cross-functional product management lifecycle framework to deliver against milestones and key artifacts (such as product plans and business cases), through collaboration with key internal stakeholder functional organizations.
- Lead product’s strategy for development and consumption of core services and capabilities which can be used to drive an enhanced user experience for the Clinical Data Management community across all Medidata products
- Collaborate across functions and business units on effective market segmentation and market strategy, product adoption and go-to-market plans, including pricing, positioning and packaging for a cohesive strategy.
- Accountable to business for definition of P&L success.
- Develop communication tools and channels to provide transparency on product strategy, roadmaps, and delivery plans and schedules and ensure they are continually maintained
- Support product teams in any product family as needed – may be partnering with product solution leads in developing business cases, collecting feedback from customers or prospects, working through longer-term product strategy, and strengthening relationships with other functional areas.
- Champion ongoing competitive, market, and user research to ensure decisions are based on sound use of both qualitative and quantitative data
- Establish formal Customer Engagement Programs to strengthen customer relationships and ensure flow of input into product strategy and product roadmaps
- Ensure product definitions meet and exceed immediate and long-term business, customer, and market expectations
- Evangelize the company’s products and solutions at industry conferences, at symposiums and with key clients
- Support sales and other customer-facing teams in high-value meetings with prospects and customers
- Direct the activities of Product Directors, Managers, and Managers of Product Management, as well as the Technical Documentation Group
- Define the scope and content of product releases, set timelines for those releases, and manage the development and validation efforts to those timelines
- Provide guidance to product managers in the specification and management of product development efforts
- Manage and participate in the creation of all Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documents such as Functional Specifications, Trace Matrix, Release Notes
- Manage the General Availability process for new releases by coordinating with other groups within Medidata, such as IT, Training and Professional Services
- Act as a focal point for enhancement requests and product guidance, both for customer focus groups and internal focus groups
- Directs those involved in the design, modification and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products
- Formulates and executes long-term plans for cost/profit control. Promotes use of new technologies and industry-leading trends
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Deep understanding of technology needs in the Clinical Data Management domain.
- Comprehension of a Platform-based approach of product development with Data Management operational best practices, regulatory requirements, and technological landscape
- Broad knowledge and exposure to the Clinical Data Management discipline
- Extensive experience providing product direction to meet business, market and user needs
- Proven leadership of product management, user experience teams and business analysis for an enterprise
- SaaS platform; led teams > 10 people
- Strong SIMT (single instance multi-tenant) platform-based product development expertise
- Strong commitment to customer advocacy, success, and customer engagement
- Experience with delivery of an enterprise product line using Agile-Scrum development methodologies
- Passionate about the role and contribution of product managers, BA’s, and UX designers in an Agile development environment
- Drive and passion for industry-leading, best in class UX and UI
- Extensive experience conducting focus groups and user research, using best practices
- Successful track record in collaborating across organizational functions and driving cross-functional initiatives
- Experience prioritizing customer requirements, working with stakeholders and internal teams to define market opportunities and business plans in support of company goals
- Strong operational mindset, decisive, “get it done” mentality
- Excellent product evangelism and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where handling pressure and achieving deadlines are normal
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- High integrity person who can build productive, long-lasting relationships at all levels
- Strong experience with cross-functional teams including software development and software quality teams
- Attention to detail and managing multiple timelines in parallel
- Solid experience with web-based software products
- Solid project management experience, including MS Project
- Experience with Requirements Gathering, Use Case development
- Experience with creating product documentation
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
Your Education & Experience:
- Experience in the life sciences industry and in the clinical trials space is desirable
- Bachelor's degree required; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience in the Data Management field
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Strong preference for clinical operations, clinical data management, and/or risk-based monitoring experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.