Sr. Director - People & Business Partner
Medidata: a great place to work; a great place to stay
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
- Know the business being served at a very deep level to help address the organization and talent needs.
- Drive People Strategy in alignment with the business priorities to drive results.
- Partner with senior leadership using strong influencing skills and providing HR guidance and solutions on hiring, organizational change, culture and much more.
- Proactively review and analyze people metrics to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience
- Ensure continuous Talent assessment & development
- Provide leadership coaching
- Drive capability building - performance management, coaching
- Partner with COEs for People Service Delivery
- Lead Annual people processes at Sr. Leadership team level
- Intervene in Employee related investigations where required
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an environment with ambiguity and change; adapting to and being a champion for positive change
- Leverages strong business acumen and analytic capability to integrate HR and business strategies
- Able to uncover issues & root causes and apply business focused solutions
- Effective implementation of change management principles
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- The ability to get things done through others, without a direct reporting relationship
- Ability to apply and create “best practice” solutions
- Demonstrated ability to take initiate and have a bias for thoughtful action
- In-depth experience in one or more core HR disciplines (Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, etc.)
- Skilled at building credibility and effective relationships and is a strong collaborator
- Demonstrated proficiency in coaching, influencing, negotiating and managing conflict
- Solid understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Resilient with a high level of personal integrity and energy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- A driven, results-oriented professional with a sense of humor
Your Education & Experience:
- 15+ years of HR experience Master in Human Resources or equivalent
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.