Business Analyst - Pipeline
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It’s built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 17,000+ trials and 4.5M patients. Our team is composed of over 40 PhD/Masters statisticians, data scientists, analytical product leads, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
Looking for the challenge of a lifetime while also helping millions of people live happier and healthier lives? The Medidata team is looking for a smart, driven Business Analyst to play a key role driving execution of projects and development of products for our Trial Design Solutions team. This role will partner heavily with key stakeholders across Acorn AI; Product, Delivery, and Engineering. Successful candidates will be skilled analytical thinkers and communicators, who are excited by Medidata’s mission to power smarter treatments and healthier people.
- Work within a cross-functional team to gather information, analyze the current state of a problem, and assist in communicating recommendations
- Develop materials for both external and internal communications around data driven use cases
- Research and assess potential customer opportunities for both consulting and product development engagements
- Monitor project status, progress, risks, and issues
- Assist in gathering requirements to help our teams’ Agile focused product development
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage a project/process/component of a larger scope
- You can dig into the details of a problem, but also have an understanding of how your work fits into the larger picture
- Experience within an Agile environment
- Experience with and interest in using data to solve problems (e.g. Excel/SQL/Python)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, such that you can communicate with many levels across the organization or externally with customers
- Experience within the life sciences or healthcare industries
- Ability to be a self starter and contribute to the team’s goals
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of work experience in one of the following types of highly structured or scientific environments: consulting, life sciences or healthcare industry, data and analytics role
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.