Manager, Solution Consulting
Dassault Systèmes Life Sciences Engagement team: empowering people and energizing passion to change the world and create the future.
Dassault Systèmes, with 35 years of experience transforming the way products are designed, produced and supported has combined with Medidata, developers of the world’s most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real world data. Our Life Sciences sales and marketing teams bring together all of Dassault Systemes life science capabilities in one go-to-market organization, providing our clients with life science domain focus and expertise to accelerate their business. As one organization we are leading the transformation in life sciences. Unique in the industry, we provide our clients with an integrated business and scientific platform from discovery and preclinical development, through clinical trials, all the way to manufacturing and commercialization. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. Dassault Systemes Life Sciences & Healthcare, led by Medidata co-founder Tarek Sherif, has global operations and employees in the US, Europe and Asia.
The Solution Consulting team at Medidata serves as a primary point of contact to drive the successful introduction, adoption and broad usage of Medidata’s products within the customer and prospect base. Activities of the team include product demos, technical qualification, identification of customer critical business issues, definition of appropriate business and technical solutions, technology evangelizing, and business consulting.
The Manager, Solution Consulting will manage, develop, and lead a team of high performing Solution Consultants to ensure the sales and effective delivery of the Medidata platform of products and services. This individual will provide coaching and guidance in product knowledge, sales strategy, relationship building, and preparation and delivery of sales presentations. He/she will provide leadership for the Solution Consulting function across the Sales organization, and integrate strategic direction into the pre-sales program activities and goals.
- Manage a team of Solution Consultants who represent the company and provide all pre-sales technical support and technical account management for their Inside Sales account managers and partners.
- Meet regularly with the other Solution Consulting Managers to strategize and develop initiatives that will enhance the effectiveness of the Solution Consulting team.
- Assure technical competency and presentation/demo skill sets of the team.
- Mentor, coach and develop the team; provide performance management, salary planning and technical training.
- Partner with sales leadership to achieve regional quota targets and company goals and foster strong sales and SC relationships.
- Develop repeatable, scalable processes to add capacity and bandwidth to the demo and trial process.
- Develop strong working relationships across internal functions (sales, professional services, alliances, customer success, operations, product, marketing, etc.).
- Contribute to product development by providing insight and feedback relative to customers’ critical business issues and solutions opportunities.
- Management experience in a customer-focused sales or presales organization, or equivalent leadership experience in team development
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding customer requirements and proposing solutions.
- Experience with SaaS enterprise software
- Extensive knowledge of existing landscape of Life Science technologies, applications and service providers within a specific discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of presentation and consulting sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Exposure to formal sales methodologies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, requiring superior skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in the Life Sciences, Business or Computer Science preferred; or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the life sciences industry and/or equivalent experience in other enterprise systems preferred.
- Experience in presales, solution engineering or sales preferred
Dassault Systemes and Medidata are making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device research and development, manufacturing and commercialization, to enable life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for global innovation.
With Medidata’s record of more than 20,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world, we also pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of insights to our clients, enabling them to make the decisions that allow them to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.