Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Our Platform: Medidata’s data platform is the backbone of all our products and services. It powers a significant percentage of clinical development across the globe and plays a key role in finding new treatments for disease, contributing to the advancement of science and a healthier world. The Semantic Knowledge Team plays a key role on the platform by making tools that bring meaning to data and the mechanisms to drive discovery and deep insights across the data we manage. Primarily based on the RDF stack, we support broad platform capabilities in the areas of schema engineering, data governance, master data management, data fabric/mesh, linked data, graph-based machine learning, data science, inferencing/reasoning, ontologies, and semantic store/analytics/query.
Our Team: We are a team of experts who believe strongly that graph-based solutions provide the ability to view problems differently and allow for the development of novel solutions that would otherwise be infeasible. We value ideas and open debate to develop solutions that help our users accomplish things that they could not do before, while at the same time being humble to recognize and take advantage of areas for improvement in the tools we provide.
What we ask of you:
- Scoping, understanding, and implementing features: You will work with other teammates to figure out the best way to go from idea to production. We shape and implement work using concepts from Shape Up.
- Review pull requests, refactor code, help with both technical and non-technical issues
- Lead semantic development and operations team
- Mentor, guide, and help set the direction for the Semantic Team
- Design and develop new enterprise semantic-based domain services
- Design, document, develop, and maintain APIs
- Embrace and practice automated testing (functional, unit, integration)
- Design and develop new web-based applications and UIs
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure all software meets regulatory and Medidata requirements
- Document technical and process flows
- Share knowledge across the Medidata enterprise with different teams
- Provide technical competency regarding feature design, development, enhancement, and implementation of backend services
- Provide technical competency regarding feature design, development, enhancement, and implementation of web-based applications
- Solve complex problems with pragmatic and maintainable solutions in the Medidata enterprise environment
- Understand the problem and make solution tradeoffs in order to continuously deliver value
- Communicate effectively technical and other information to a variety of audiences (engineering, product, management, customer)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Led technical teams in the past with track record of deliverables
- An undergraduate or higher university degree (BA/BS+, 4-year+; preferably BS+ in Computer Science or other Science/Engineering/Math discipline)
- At least five (5) years+ of professional backend service experience.
- At least five (5) years of front-end development experience.
- Experience with git version control system
- Experience in writing clean, testable code
- GraphQL API development experience a big plus
- Web application/services development (at least one (1))
- Semantic web interest/experience (RDF, SPARQL, RDF/S, OWL, RDF*/SPARQL*, inference/reasoner)
- Graph database interest/experience