The HRIS Director will form a key member of the People Analytics & Insights team, partnering with the VP, People Analytics & Insights to integrate from Workday to Peoplesoft and set the agenda for HRIS optimization by considering both strategic and operational priorities. Directs the implementation or modification of HRIS solutions in partnership with Dassault (parent company) HRIS Team. Provides a strategic and operational focus on HR systems by initiating and supporting process improvement and efficiency of HR operations.
- Develop HRIS Technology Integration Roadmap in partnership with Corp Dassault HRIS Team. The HRMS Technology Roadmap is intended to successfully integrate HRIS systems, help HR and business management reach a consensus about identified needs and the technologies required to satisfy those needs, and to provide a framework to help plan and coordinate technology developments and the system landscape.
- Possess deep knowledge of HR processes, advise on best practices for optimizing the use of HR tools, drive global HR process optimization and standardization while balancing the business need for flexibility.
- Manage projects which will enhance delivery of HR services to employees; Lead initiative to automate various HR processes and functions, including applicant tracking, performance appraisal, time and attendance, payroll processing, et al. while integrating systems.
- Evaluate HR Technological Business Processes - Evaluate key HR business processes and the use of HRMS to support those processes by coordinating deployment of process improvement and additional functionality. Document current process, review effectiveness and recommend improvements. Serve as a key liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g. payroll, compensation, benefits). Use project management skills in managing projects. May provide overall project management for a given HR initiative.
- Production Support – Lead Workday oversight for integration, then Peoplesoft support including, but not limited to, researching and resolving HRMS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- System Maintenance - Act as a super-user and leader for Peoplesoft HRIS system. Lead the team in the review, testing and implementation of the new HRIS system, upgrades and/or patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Ensure HRIS system tables are maintained and process and results are documented.
- Reports/Queries – Lead the team in writing, maintaining and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Establish an efficient and auditable process for the maintenance and development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Guarantee data integrity in systems by testing, running queries and analyzing data.
- Training - Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation on Peoplesoft. Set up a training program for the current HRIS to learn Peoplesoft. Train clients on new processes/functionality. Train new system users.
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet both short and long range goals and objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to convey business requirements and technical needs in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with HR, business partners and IT staff.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others in accomplishing goals.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, quality of service, and costs.
- Possesses ability to manage multiple project plans successfully and simultaneously.
- Accomplishes commitments towards goals and objectives by motivating and building a team; motivates individuals and groups by creating a positive work environment.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in HR, Business or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in HRMS with at least 2 years with Peoplesoft HCM. Workday experience would be helpful as well but certainly not required as expertise exists on the current team.
- Systems integration and M&A experience would be preferred, specifically experience in Peoplesoft Implementation
- Knowledge of IT design principles and practices
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities