Senior Project Manager
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It’s built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 17,000+ trials and 4.5M patients. Our team is composed of over 40 PhD/Masters statisticians, data scientists, analytical product leads, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
The Senior Project Management Function is responsible for the overall relationship management of client accounts and day to day activities and to ensure that Medidata is able to deliver quality projects and services on time and within budget through effective management of Medidata resources.
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external resources to achieve project objectives
- Lead large, complex projects and/or clients, which may include a program of projects
- Lead project delivery to ensure that all deliverables are tracked and that documentation is current
- Manage client expectations and communications, and ensure overall client satisfaction
- Manage project scope, timelines, budget & milestones
- Manage project financials including forecasting, project budget, and accuracy of invoicing
- Create and maintain accurate and current project documentation
- Raise and track work requests to other departments
- Document minutes/action items during client and internal meetings; conduct appropriate follow-up
- Manage issues and risks driving appropriate resolution and mitigation
- Provide proactive communication to all stakeholders
- Assure compliance with Medidata’s standard project management methodologies, quality management system
- Support development of sales orders and change orders
- Deliver workshops and lead client meetings
- Can work independently with little or no instruction for routine assignments, and minimal coaching/mentoring on more complex assignments
- Ability to anticipate and mitigate issue and risks thus minimizing escalations
- Ability to mentor other team members
- Ability to identify and suggest improvements which increase the value proposition to Medidata and the client
- Knowledge of Medidata (or similar) products commensurate with requirements of the specific role
- Preference for a basic understanding of clinical research (pharma/device/biotech) and of clinical research SaaS technology
- Demonstrate strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Exhibit time management skills along with strong collaboration and teamwork
- Experience in leading project teams and meeting project timelines
- Self-motivated and able to assume responsibility in a professional manner
- Demonstrate basic computer skills
- Experience with the MS Office suite and/or other current software technologies
- Experience with creating and delivering presentations
Your Education & Experience:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent (analytic discipline a plus) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in clinical/biomedical and/ or software development environment preferred
- Travel expectations up to 20%, domestic & international
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata Solutions have powered over 20,000+ clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.