Senior Payroll Analyst
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Payroll Analyst position is based in New York and reports to the Senior Manager of Payroll. The role is responsible for managing and processing the US payroll to ensure compliance with domestic rules, regulations, and laws.
- Manage and process US and non-US payroll
- Ensure accurate payroll funding occurs for all accounts and payroll taxes are remitted on time
- Manage US and non-US year-end resulting in accurate W-2’s and related tax filing for global payroll processing
- Partner with global HR Business Partners and HR Operations to ensure effective processes and issue resolution
- Create US and non-US journal entries and ensure payroll entries are balanced and reconciled in a timely manner
- Partner with other Payroll Analyst and Payroll Lead in reviewing the international payrolls
- Audit data integrity between Workday HRIS, ADP Workforce Now Payroll and 3rd Party Payroll providers to ensure systems are in sync and in compliance on a semi-monthly and monthly payroll frequency
- Work closely with the Payroll Manager in developing global payroll controls
- Partner with the Payroll Manager on the implementation of new technology to streamline the global payroll process
- Develop, maintain, update, and communicate company-wide payroll policies and processes regarding earnings, deductions, time-keeping as well as government compliance reporting
- Collaborate with multiple business teams within the organization like HR, Corporate Tax, Accounting, Accounting Policy, other Finance functions and External Reporting and Technology
- Monitor employee e-mail inquiries from the payroll inbox and respond to employees as necessary
- Assist the Payroll Manager with payroll tax inquiries, payroll tax audits and other audits such as 401k audits and Worker’s Comp
- Provide excellent customer service to all of our employees and business partners/stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of Federal and State withholding, Internal Revenue Service regulations, and payroll best practices
- Basic knowledge of international payroll processes and regulations
- Ability to analyze, research and resolve payroll inquiries
- Advanced Excel skills (vlooksup, pivots)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical mindset with good judgement and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organization skills; ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines is required
- Strong customer-focus and ability to maintain confidentiality to payroll and other employee personal information
- Ability to maintain employee confidence and to protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; or equivalent years of experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of payroll experience
- Experience with federal, state, and local statutory payroll audits is a plus but not required
- Experience with accounting processes and month-end close including journal entries and reconciliations as it relates to payroll is a plus but not required
- Basic knowledge of Sox controls
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.