Director, Customer Success
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The Director Customer Success is responsible for a team of individuals driving the ongoing attainment of outcomes, technology adoption, and satisfaction for customers. They act as internal champion and quarterback, coordinating the cross functional approach required for sustained customer success and growth. Key focus areas will include setting team goals/priorities, enabling effective account coverage, and creating an inspiring team environment.
- Establish clear team goals/priorities in alignment with broader Customer Success and Engagement strategy.
- Monitor team performance on key metrics and employee satisfaction.
- Manage portfolio of accounts toward optimal coverage targets including a personal portfolio. This is a “player/coach” role by design.
- Manage the team’s development and execution of action plans to achieve identified customer outcomes for named accounts by establishing critical goals or other key performance indicators.
- Monitor overall post-sales relationship with team’s assigned accounts.
- Support team’s post-sales customer lifecycle activities including training, professional services, technical support, renewals, expansion, and advocacy.
- Enable customer interactions in a manner that establishes credibility and trust as a business advisor.
- Direct growth plan development at named accounts to increase adoption/utilization of existing offerings and demand/consumption of new offerings.
- Work with customer advocacy team to develop customer specific case studies and references to share team’s portfolio of account’s success.
- Enable customer success outcomes including reduced customer churn, revenue expansion opportunity identification, higher customer product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall customer health scores.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally and lead/resolve account escalations.
- Strong empathy for customers and capability for enabling profitable growth
- Proven ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Strong executive presence
- Strong business acumen including experience working in a B2B environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Critical to success will be driving cross-functional collaboration and communication across sales, services, education, support, and product management to facilitate customer success touch points within your team’s portfolio of accounts.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in business discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in software or high tech marketing, commercial operations, sales, or service
- At least 10 years of experience in a direct customer facing role
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%
- At least 3 years of experience managing direct reports
- MBA or similar a plus
- Familiarity or experience with customer success teams
- General urgency in execution and tendency toward speed with ability to adapt and change
- Experience managing deep customer relationships (e.g. strategic account management or customer service)
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.