Enterprise Support Desktop Engineer
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
Medidata is looking for a seasoned Enterprise Support Desktop Engineer who has a passion for technology. The culture at Medidata encourages out-of-the box thinking, innovation, collaboration & teamwork. It is a fun place for Technologists to work and grow. Be a part of a team that works on agile, cloud-based technologies in an ever-changing world of advancing IT change. We provide tremendous opportunities for those individuals who are willing to go the extra mile, be open to new learning, and enhance their skills with this fast-growing, global company. The Medidata Solutions Enterprise Support Desktop Engineer will be versed in both PCs and MACs, assist corporate end-users in global offices and remote locations, and provision and support approved desktop/laptop computers and related technologies. This role includes definition of desktop provisioning solutions and specifications, installations, and testing within established guidelines of approved Medidata standards and processes. The employee in this position will also create and maintain documentation related to Desktop Support processes, procedures, and associated guidelines. The position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem-solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
- Assist in developing strategies for MAC and PC imaging/provisioning solutions for a global user base, including physical hardware as well as virtual desktop technologies (VDI)
- Bring thought-leadership around desktop management, imaging/provisioning and self-service solutions that streamline and improve the end user experience
- Work with vendors, as necessary to ensure solutions and deliverables are properly managed
- Collect/validate functional requirements of technical solutions to determine whether solutions are viable
- Collaborate with Finance/Procurement and internal ES staff facilitating approved purchases of hardware, software and other technologies within Standard Operating Procedures
- Develop and update processes and procedures related to desktop management and administration in accordance with ITIL standards and best practices
- Ensure proper knowledge management best practices are followed that integrate Continuous Service Improvement processes around image management and desktop provisioning
- Train end-user community on the appropriate use of approved Medidata hardware, software, and peripheral equipment as required by Standard Operating Procedures
- Escalation point for local and global technicians on the team
- Partner with Systems and Network teams to determine and perform root cause analysis and mitigate user support issues
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
- Work with Issue Tracking System to review, acknowledge, remedy and resolve assigned end-user tickets in a timely manner
- Ensure all work is summarized with appropriate documentation (incident, problem, service request or project tickets)
- Respond and contribute to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery procedures related to planned and unplanned events
- Be available, as necessary, for scheduled off-hour and weekend work and on-call rotation shifts
- May require some domestic or international travel to support global offices and events
- Proficiency in supporting Windows 10 desktop/laptop PCs
- Experience supporting Mac OS X desktop/laptop systems
- Experience with imaging solutions; Landesk, SCCM, Jamf a plus
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Instances, ex. Workspaces
- Antivirus, inventory management, patching and backup procedures
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on desktops, laptops, mobile devices
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
- Understanding of basic Networking concepts including TCP/IP
- Familiarity with common cloud-based workplace productivity solutions, e.g. Microsoft product suites, email clients, calendaring, Internet browsers
- Analytical problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Adept at learning new software applications quickly
- Daily commitment to high-quality results, strong work ethic and Customer Service Excellence
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including via telephone, chat
- Ability to lift and handle packages/hardware with the approximate weight of 50 pounds or more
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent years of experience; Computer Science degree or related field preferred
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- ITIL or comparable certification, or within one year of hire
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.