Project Manager - Human Resources
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
The PMO works at the intersection of transformation strategy, integration, program management and analytics. Serve as critical partner and project manager to the People Team and PLT on key projects and deliverables related to the execution of the People Team Strategy and the HR integration program.
- In partnership with the PMO Senior Manager supports the execution of the People Team roadmap, HR integration as well as successful implementation of key HR transformation initiatives and programs working with PBPs, OD Partners, HR COEs, People Operations, Regional Leads and external resources.
- PMO support in the creation of frameworks and governance models to document and maintain key HR initiatives, identifies redundancies and conflicts, and makes recommendations for better alignment; Partner with the PMO Senior Manager to check initiatives alignment with overall objectives. Help determine how and where these initiatives need intervention, review, realignment and potential reset. In addition, this role proactively seeks to identify potential issues or roadblocks in the execution of strategic initiatives, including the management of interdependencies and resourcing. Raise awareness and frames/positions ideas to resolve problem/mitigate risk
- Lead project workstreams from conception and design through implementation, measurement and continuous improvement. Feed continuous transformation effort through best practices and lessons learned.
- Identifies opportunities and develops recommendations for leveraging technology solutions to enable key HR processes and improve candidate and employee experience
- As Project Manager, advice and support the roll out of Global Talent programs and HR Process re-engineering projects. Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts in process improvement, data capture and analysis, infrastructure support, tool ownership and process compliance, etc.;
- Implement and improve the HR Integration Methodology. Lead cross-functional teams that are focused on releasing key People Team initiatives or accomplish key HR integration milestones using agile concepts, including being the project manager for major HR COE Initiatives and facilitating design-thinking sessions to foster processes improvement;
- Works with team to develop project plans and frameworks outlining work plans, timelines, roles and resources; Identifies and leads cross-functional project team comprised of functional experts and local managers;
- Monitor team progress to ensure achievement of all milestones and deliverables; Support the necessary change management; Provides updates to senior HR leadership and all stakeholders of progress through communications of findings at regular intervals via reports and meetings.
- Develop KPI and competitive insights to measure and communicate progress against the business and People Strategy.
- Consolidate lessons learned, share best practices and run “Root Cause Analysis” for continuous improvement
- Strategic, critical thinking and ability to think in an enterprise-wide global mindset, judge situations accurately and quickly, grasping complexities, identifying key issues and applying sound judgment.
- Experience in leading change and project management with multiple tracks
- Operations and process management. Process and tools knowledge
- Ability to multi-task easily and juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and quality control
- Creative capability to problem solve and have the design capabilities to create slides and visuals in partnership with other teams
- Collaborates cross-functionally and creates informal networks involving coordination among groups. Exercise judgment to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- This job overseas employees assigned to manage specific projects that have a distinct beginning and end.
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree desired.
- 5+ years related experience in HR
- Post-M&A HR integration experience preferred
- Client facing experience a plus
- Agile project management experience a plus
- HRIS and ATS (eg. Workday, Peoplesoft, Taleo) experience a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.