MediaCom | Data Manager
Overview of job
You will support the Head of Data in the area of data and analytics operations, to develop the data solution and to run performance analysis. In this role, you will work closely with client facing team as well as tech team, presenting your findings and recommendation to both client and internal. Our vision at MediaCom is for data driven advertising to take a central role in our digital product offering and you will work closely with the digital leadership team to make this a reality.
3 best things about the job:
- Work in one of the fastest growing areas within communication.
- Work with an amazing team from different units like data driven strategic planning, programmatic advertising, search marketing, etc.
- Work in an exploring and boundless way to research the communication and marketing field.
- Solution innovation
- Client satisfaction
- New business contribution
Position of the role
This role reports to the Head of Data, MediaCom China. As the data manager you will be charged with leading and developing a category, which is the fast-developing area in the communication market.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Data project owner and key contact for key clients.
- Data product management and development. Management of progress, vendor, resources and risk. Product functions management. Needs collection and confirmation. Support the feasibility check and due diligence. Supervise tech vendor to land the product, suggest the product upgrade.
- Prepare product development documents. Coordinate the design, development, testing and other resources to ensure the smooth progress of the project and product quality. Formulate product optimization direction and promote product iteration;
- Research and analysis new marketing platform and mar-tech and ad-tech, incl 3rd party tech companies, media publishers, DMP/DSP/Web analytics companies and etc. On the trends of digital transformation related products, marketing platforms and tools.
- New Business Development: Work with team on key pitches, driving the performance element.
Tasks & Measurement
In three months:
- Up-to-speed and taken ownership of the business at MediaCom
- Built a good relationship with the key decision makers on client side and within agency
- Establish trusted relationship clients and internal teams. Independently solve the request raising from clients and internal teams.
In six months:
- Developed out data driven advertising offering. Working with data partners in the market as well as internally at GroupM.
- Taken control of major clients running programmatic and improved the operation across these.
- Actively support data and programmatic strategy
- Independently provide quality service to clients and teams.
- Lead programmatic and data plans.
In 12 months:
- Cemented the value stream with key data partners in the market.
- Represents MediaCom internally & externally in data and programmatic related topics.
- Contribute to new business
- Maintain good relationship with SP team and client.
- Clearly knows where to find the resource to solve client’s needs in data and programmatic.
What you will need:
- Strong data and programmatic experience. 3- 5 years hands on with data and tech related works within China. Knowledge of digital marketing, CRM, and ecom is a plus.
- Solid project and product manager experience is a must. Strong business interpretation capability. Independently lead the product design and implementation.
- Expert of ad-tech and mar-tech. Control the product development direction.
- Master product management tools, incl. Axure/Sketch/墨刀/PPT/WORD/VISIO
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Existing connections within the digital space in China across publishers and vendors
More about Mediacom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.