MediaCom | Senior Finance Executive, Commercial Analyst
Overview of job
In this role, you will take an active part in our organic and new Client growth strategy.
Producing Client profitability analysis, commercial reports, and pricing of our services to assist with the renewal and compliance of our Client contracts and take part in the submission of our new business pitches.
The role requires agility and accuracy with numbers, an analytical mindset, very good communication skill as well as an understanding of our business metrics and client contract terms.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Regional Commercial Manager MediaCom APAC and is based in Singapore.
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to work for MediaCom, the People First Better Results global agency, across a variety of high profile global and regional Clients and with exposure to 15 local markets in APAC region
- Multi Clients and multi facets roles, Commercial and Financial.
- Fast paced, demanding, fun and satisfying work environment.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Be conversant with MediaCom and GroupM Commercial and Client contract related Policies
- Understand the concept and differentiation of Clients contractual terms and conditions and become familiar with our current Client status
- Establish initial contacts and introduction with market and regional commercial stakeholders
- Contribute to regional commercial activities, including assisting with fee submission and regional consolidation and controls
In six months:
- Reading and understanding Client key contract terms and obligations
- Taking charge of regular Client reporting obligations
- Strong support in coordination of market/regional commercial activities in relation to the performance of Client contracts
- Support quarterly Commercial report for the region
- Assist Commercial team in regular review of Client profitability
- Consolidate data and KPIs in relation to Client incentive for the region
- Monitoring Client credit terms including Insured credit limits
In 12 months:
- Participate to Commercial and Client contract activities, reporting, renewal, updates, incentives and audits for Clients
- Ensure communication of Client-related revenue instructions to local markets at time of publication.
- Assist in proposals and implementation of Commercial action plans in markets or by Client across markets aiming in improving compliance and increasing profitability while preserving the quality of services.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Assist in educating and advising local markets and Client leads and teams with an objective to develop a Commercial mindset across MediaCom
- Propose ideas and actions to maximize profitability of our services and products to Clients in strict compliance and adherence with contract terms
- Understand Client expectations and internal KPIs
- Maintain summary sheets and database of Client key contractual terms
- Ensure maintenance of Client contracts including timely preparation of their renewals and providing guidance in the drafting of new Client contracts
- Implement reporting timetable in coordination with Global Commercial team and compiling and submitting reports to Clients and internal stakeholders
- Assist in Preparation of quarterly Commercial reports
- Assist markets and ensuring liaison/interface with Global Commercial teams and Regional Client Account Directors
- Participate in the implementation of Client contracts across markets
- Report Net Sales growth by Client by markets
- Collection, review and control of internal finance reports including AVB pass-backs, unbilled media, late payment interest, payment terms
- Participate in implementation of Commercial projects as necessary
- Exercise regular control of Client profitability including actual time of staff delivered
- Provide information and assistance to market Commercial Directors and Regional Account Directors regarding (re)negotiation of contracts for existing international clients and terms of business which reflect scope of work
- Consolidate new business pricing submission for prospective clients
- Check for profitability of our proposals and submissions
Compliance, Risk & Reporting
- Monitor contract compliance and adherence to agreed commercial terms
- Ensure client contracts are approved, signed and filed
- Ensuring Local Implementation Addendums to Master Service Agreement are correctly documented, signed and implemented.
- Support the review and validation of Billing schemes and ensure compliance to Tax and Forex regulations
- Responsibility for maintaining client reporting timetable and ensuring all relevant stakeholders adhere to reporting obligations
- Ensure that all management reports are submitted timely.
What you will need:
- Graduate caliber with 3 to 5 years of experience with proven commercial background, client contracting
- Finance and/or Legal expertise and experiences
- Proactive, self-starter with strong commercial acumen
- Working collaboratively with market commercial and client teams
- Good people management skill in a highly matrix environment
- Sharp, action orientated and able to sell ideas convincingly
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability in interpreting performance trends
- Experience in Media / Advertising industry will be an added advantage
- Experience of working in successful fast paced business is preferable
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
About GroupM Singapore
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners. Making GroupM Singapore the Number One organisation to join and develop your career in media investment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.