MediaCom | Data & Analytics Supervisor
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the leading global media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Data Analytics Manager to join us. In this role, you will work closely with client facing team as well as tech team, presenting your findings and recommendation to both client and internal.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Data
3 best things about the job:
1. Work in one of the fastest growing areas within communication.
2. Work with an amazing team from different units like data driven strategic planning, programmatic advertising, search marketing, etc.
3. Work in an exploring and boundless way to research the communication and marketing field.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Got familiar with MediaCom, the environment, culture, ways of work, team
- Became individual contributor, to consult with client/internal for expertise field
- Run operational project in a smooth way as project leader
- Kicked-off of the first data project for our client
In six months:
- Contributed to new business
- Build up strong relationship with client facing team who worked together daily
- Contributed to digital product renovation and innovation
- Implemented first data project
In 12 months:
- Led and coached the junior analyst to grow both hard and soft skill
- Grown your own knowledge in the area of data and analytics as well as that of the agency
- Did client facing presentation to promote digital solutions to client
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Consulting of clients in the area of MediaCom business science offering and capability, incl. data, analytics, and our solutions
- Supporting client facing team to implement advanced data analytics request as an expert
- Proposal preparation, project conducting, finding generation, report writing, presentation.
- Generating and interpreting insight from data report and polishing analytics result to a story
What you’ll bring:
You will support the Head of Data in the area of data and analytics operations, to develop the data solution and to run audience and media insights analysis based on media big data.
- Major in marketing, business, media, communication or related
- Above 3-5 years of expertise experience, such as research agency, consultancy company, digital media service company, ecommerce service company, analytics in brand owners
- An independent, self-driven individual with highly responsible nature
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, managing complexity and challenges
- Fluent in Chinese and excellent English
- Experience in search or ecommerce data analysis is an advantage.
- High affinity for numbers and excellent knowledge of technology of the digital advertising market
- Excellent PowerPoint skills in storytelling and visualization
- Good knowledge in the area of coding or modelling / analysis is a plus
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.