MediaCom | Communications Planning Manager
The candidate will work under the supervision of the Communications Planning Director and will work together with Communications Planner/s in the preparation of client’s requirements and other agency deliverables.
3 best things about the job:
- Exposure to Mediacoms’ best-in-class planning framework
- Opportunity to handle the country’s top companies/brands and work with a variety of people both from MediaCom local/regional/global teams, clients and agency partners.
- Being part of an organization that promotes excellence through mentoring and talent development programs while maintaining an environment of fun and camaraderie.
Measures of Success:
In 3 to 6 months, you should have established a clear understanding of the client’s business and the specific agency deliverables for the accounts assigned to you.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
A Communications Planning Manager handles specific brands and performs the following tasks:
- Drives application of MediaCom’s internal systems and processes in the preparation of client requirements
- Leads the preparation & presentation of Annual Communications Plans and Reviews with minimal supervision of the Communications Planning Director
- Works with Communication Planners in preparation of strategic communication response to business issues and challenges based on the client’s brief
- Recommends media platforms and investment level based on client’s objective and strategic directions
- Seeks, recommends and evaluates media innovations and test initiatives to address business objectives and needs
- Identifies learnings and creates best practices for both the internal team and client
- Manages brand’s media budget (annual, monthly and per campaign budget)
- Leads in various client engagements and interactions
- Oversees delivery of day to day requirements with minimal supervision of Communications Planning Director
- Manages and ensures timely submission of accurate and complete reports and other brand deliverables
- Oversees internal reporting and internal processes specific to the accounts handled
- Works with internal specialist teams on the team’s campaign deliverables
- Leads and mentors team to help develop and improve their strategic thinking skills and operational discipline
- Supports the Communications Planning Director in growth and development plans for the team
What you'll bring:
- At least 5 years work experience with at least 1 year managing 1-2 junior staff in a media agency or marketing/advertising/research-related field
- Graduate of a Business, Marketing or Research-related course:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Marketing Management, Advertising, Economics, Communication Research, Communication Arts, etc.
- Solid understanding of offline and online media
- Strong analytical and number skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion for learning and openness to new challenges
- Project management skills, good at multi-tasking and organization
- Self-starter attitude
- Team player mindset
- Time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence and a can-do/positive attitude
- High level of accountability and integrity
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
Philippines Market Overview
With a population of 109.5 million, 59.2% of these currently have access to the internet. By 2022, the Philippines' internet population is forecasted to be 73%. Coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint, GroupM Philippines is well-positioned as an exciting and innovative organization for media players and talent to be.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.