MediaCom | media executive
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Media Executive to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for …
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
3 best things about the job:
- Working in the fastest-growing agency in Hong Kong with a team who are passionate
- Working across a diverse client portfolio
- Work with young and energetic team
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Become familiar with all relevant media and systems, and the team processes
- Provided superior administrative support to the team
- Obtain the basic knowledge and relevant skills of media planning and buying
- Support daily routines with working partners (mentor, planning team, media vendors and creative agency)
In six months:
- Able to build knowledge of media landscape
- Started to build an understanding of the 2021 Framework and how it is applied to the team’s processes and output
- Built an understanding of clients product portfolio
- Grown to work closely with working partners mentioned above on media campaign (campaign executions and daily routines)
In 12 months:
- Started to develop a strong media POV and develop media recommendations
- Built trusted relationships with media partners and clients
- Started to develop trusted and influential relationships with media owner
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Support supervisor and manager on key functions include but not limited to Media Planning, Buying and Trafficking
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation on the effectiveness of different media channels
- Manage and use various research, advertising, tracking and trafficking tools given on various post-campaign reports
- Identify appropriate media strategy and tactic, with the guidance from supervisor and manager
What you’ll bring:
- Able to manage multi-task and have a good interpersonal skills
- Good at numbers and have attention to details
- Able to work independently but also a good team player
- Passionate to pursue career in media/digital industry
- Degree in any discipline, major in Marketing information management, business, mathematics would have an advantage.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese
- Fluent Mandarin will be an advantage
- 1 year related working experience is preferred but fresh graduates are welcome
More about MediaCom
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels. By focusing on the totality of our clients' communications, we deliver step-changing media effectiveness improvements, transforming our clients’ business through systems thinking. We employ 1800 people in 23 offices across 15 countries around Asia Pacific.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development.
We were named the best-performing media agency of 2017 (Recma New Biz Balance 2017 report). In terms of new billings alone, MediaCom topped the charts with over $1.6bn in new clients (Recma New Biz Balance 2017 report). We are named the Media Agency Network of the Year by Festival of Media Global Awards (2018/2017), AdWeek (2017), Campaign (2017) and M&M Global (2017).
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s small yet highly dynamic and efficient media market means it gets to operate with agility. Its internet and digital penetration continues to grow year-on-year, and has the highest smartphone penetration in Asia Pacific at 87%, while tablet ownership clocks in at 57%. Hong Kong’s digital market boasts a healthy mix of local, regional and global players, providing new opportunities in the media space.
If you want a future in media and communications, and believe in Hong Kong’s belief of “work hard, play hard”, there is clearly no place more vibrant, challenging and exciting than Hong Kong, where opportunities for you to innovate and grow are unparalleled.