MediaCom | Social Director
Social Media Director - MediaCom China (a GroupM / WPP Company)
Overview of job
Responsible for holistic social marketing strategy (covering content, media, data & tech), project management, social advertising / KOL planning and buying, social campaign ideation, strategy & implementation, vendor quality control, and daily client service. Based in Shanghai, China.
- Holistic social marketing strategy planning capability
- Creativity and strategic thinking in campaign ideas and strategies
- Independent project management & client servicing capability
- Problem solving mindset and capability
- Team / vendor coaching capability
- Cross-functional communication efficiency
3 best things about the job:
- A fun environment that combines the best of being entrepreneurial and innovative, whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world and in China
- The ability to influence the social media adoption in China for world-class brands
- An opportunity to leverage strong in-house and partner teams as well as group’s client relationships to execute award winning social media strategies and campaigns
Responsibilities of the role:
- Deliver holistic social marketing solutions for external & internal clients with integrated thinking & planning (covering end-to-end from strategy, content, media, data & tech)
- Support new business development as the social function expert
- Social media campaign ideation, strategy framework development and implementation
- Hands-on and/or guide the team for social media advertising / KOLs planning and buying
- Project management between clients, internal teams, 3rd party vendors and social media platforms
- Quality control for team and 3rd party vendors’ work and content
- Daily client service with minimum supervision
- Daily social media operation, data analysis and optimization (e.g. social real-time-bidding account operation, brand Weibo/WeChat operation)
What you will need:
- 7+ years on social marketing & planning in global & local PR firms, social agencies, or account servicing / solution planning in social platforms / KOL agents / MCNs
- Strong passion for social marketing with clear picture of social landscape in China
- Hands-on experience in holistic social campaign ideation & management
- Proficient on social media community management & paid social & KOL planning
- Strong project management as well as vendor management
- Strong communication, organization & time management skills under work pressure
- Fluent in both English and Chinese
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
We unlock growth through media. We are a team of 8,000 people in 125 offices in 100 markets.
Our success is underpinned by our belief “People First, Better Results” that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but for our clients.
Our global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony.
In 2018, we became the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mediacomglobalnews
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComGlobal
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.